Flycast crash on Who wants to BE a millionaire (Pal)

It seems so rare to find an incompatible game these days. An outright testament to everyone’s work, seriously. Anyway, I tried booting up who wants to be a millionaire (not the USA who wants to BEAT UP a millionaire) and I’ve thrown several settings combinations at it, but it crashes every time it tries to go the the main menu. Intro videos load great, but past that, just freeze and crash.

Is this an incompatibility or known issue or something? I couldn’t find a compatibility list for flycast so I wasn’t sure where else to check or ask.

Hopefully it’s just a setting I didn’t consider. I can post a log later if necessary. (on my wife’s phone at the moment lol)

1 Like

I don’t know of any issue with this game. I’ll do some testing later today but a log file would help.

So my tests show that there is indeed a problem with this game. It freezes RetroArch completely.

It works better on flycast standalone with some missing background. But at least it’s not crashing. More investigation needed.

I just pushed a fix for this game. It should be available in a couple of hours: version 9760ef04.

2 Likes

Thanks for following up man. I haven’t been active on the site for a while with everything going on and I spaced following up myself. I really appreciate it. My wife will be stoked we can play this now!