Flycast support to redump cue isos?

I see Flycast isn’t compatible with the new redump bin+cue format.

I convert these bin+cue to chd and doesn’t work too.

[EDITED to remove link and reference to ROM site]

Greetings.

Flycast 0.1 afb36d6 (Flycast WinCE)
Flycast 0.1 754597d (Flycast)

Redump.org2019-05-28

Crazy Taxi (USA) (Track 1).bin
Crazy Taxi (USA) (Track 2).bin
Crazy Taxi (USA) (Track 3).bin
Crazy Taxi (USA).cue <-- start this

working on Windows 7 and Linux Mint 19.1

Have you tried with a fresh install ? (deleted retroarch.cfg / retroarch-core-options.cfg)

1 Like

So it seems it fails with a chd created with cue+bin

You are right, this issue is still open (i overlooked that you converted them to *.chd)

https://github.com/libretro/flycast/issues/457

1 Like

Yeah, they work as bin and cue files, glad I tried a single CHD before converting a lot of games. Thought I’d better try it even though the core info says it supports CHD.

I didn’t know about Flycast not working with CHD. Is it only Redump bin/cue CHD not working? Does Tosec/Truip GDI converted to CHD work?

@Mr_Jake: I can confirm, that GDI to CHD works in the latest Flycast core.

Flycast WinCE atm is not working at all:

[ERROR] Failed to open libretro core: "D:\RetroArch\cores\flycast_wince_libretro.dll"
[ERROR] Error(s): unknown error 127

Hello.

The problem has been fixed.

Bye. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The GDI - CHD conversion always was functional.

The problem is when you convert CUE+BIN to CHD. On Flycast these CHD dumps doesn’t work.

It seems to me that the problem lies with the CHD converter software as I don’t think it can handle these non-standard cue-files used by the trurip redump team for GDI. The older GDI set that use standard cue gdi-files (which are practically regular cue-files) are definitely working without any problem.

You mention trurip but this is in reference to redump. Are they using the non-standard cue-files as well then?

Updated my post for correction.