Flycast support to redump cue isos?

I see Flycast isn’t compatible with the new redump bin+cue format.

I convert these bin+cue to chd and doesn’t work too.

[EDITED to remove link and reference to ROM site]

Greetings.

Flycast 0.1 afb36d6 (Flycast WinCE)
Flycast 0.1 754597d (Flycast)

Redump.org2019-05-28

Crazy Taxi (USA) (Track 1).bin
Crazy Taxi (USA) (Track 2).bin
Crazy Taxi (USA) (Track 3).bin
Crazy Taxi (USA).cue <-- start this

working on Windows 7 and Linux Mint 19.1

Have you tried with a fresh install ? (deleted retroarch.cfg / retroarch-core-options.cfg)

1 Like

So it seems it fails with a chd created with cue+bin

You are right, this issue is still open (i overlooked that you converted them to *.chd)

https://github.com/libretro/flycast/issues/457

1 Like

Yeah, they work as bin and cue files, glad I tried a single CHD before converting a lot of games. Thought I’d better try it even though the core info says it supports CHD.

I didn’t know about Flycast not working with CHD. Is it only Redump bin/cue CHD not working? Does Tosec/Truip GDI converted to CHD work?

@Mr_Jake: I can confirm, that GDI to CHD works in the latest Flycast core.

Flycast WinCE atm is not working at all:

[ERROR] Failed to open libretro core: "D:\RetroArch\cores\flycast_wince_libretro.dll"
[ERROR] Error(s): unknown error 127

Hello.

The problem has been fixed.

Bye. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The GDI - CHD conversion always was functional.

The problem is when you convert CUE+BIN to CHD. On Flycast these CHD dumps doesn’t work.

It seems to me that the problem lies with the CHD converter software as I don’t think it can handle these non-standard cue-files used by the trurip redump team for GDI. The older GDI set that use standard cue gdi-files (which are practically regular cue-files) are definitely working without any problem.

You mention trurip but this is in reference to redump. Are they using the non-standard cue-files as well then?

Updated my post for correction.

Hi, I faced the same problem. Creating chds from Redump bin/cue creates chds which are not playable on Reicast core. I also think that it is an issue on chdman.exe side not on reicast core.

A workable solution I found was to use feyris-tan’s gdidrop app to convert Redump bin/cue to proper gdi.The app works and the few titles I converted worked correctly in reicast. Beware that currently there is no option for re-conversion back to original stat and that app doesn’t support any batch/ bulk conversion atm.

App is hosted on github here> https://github.com/feyris-tan/gdidrop

Yeah, when asked it appears the mame guys (authors of chdman) said they don’t plan supporting the new redump bin/cue format for DC dumps.

On the redump website you can download the necessary *.gdi files.

http://redump.org/downloads/

If you exchange them with your *.cue files than you are able to convert your bin/cue to working chd’s

4 Likes

^ Thats the best and easiest way to get the job done, thanks for sharing.

I can confirm that this works for me as well. The Dreamcast core dev’s and MAME dev’s should be notified of this issue so that hopefully the can sort out which end the issue is on.

May make an issue on the MAME github page, not sure how to go about submitting a ticket for Flycast though.

This has nothing to do with flycast and the mamedev are aware of this:

2 Likes

Ah, that’s a shame. I did actually post an issue on their github (which turned out to be a duplicate) and it was closed as a “feature request”, when while sure it’s in a bit of a grey zone, I’d say it’s more so a big.

As long as redump keeps stock of GDIs alongside the CUEs though then it isnt a huge deal.