Freezing / Crashing Save State Issue Multi Disc Games PCSX ReArmed

Hi,

I’ve found a work around for this issue but I thought it might be something to note or help out if anyone else comes across it.

I’ve been playing through Final Fantasy VII, for which I have created a .m3u playlist file so that everything can be run from one file, on the PCSX ReArmed core of a recent nightly build on my Sony Android TV (Android 6.0.1) and save states and in built saves were working perfectly until I swapped to disc 2. The built in saves are still fine, save states create and load fine, but if I close the content / Retroarch and then reload the save the game will freeze or crash whenever I try to move through a screen transition. Reloading the save files will allow progress beyond the save state point but it happens again when the software is closed.

The work around I have found is to take the save state file and rename it so that it has the same name a she disc 2 rom and thus I can run that rom I dependently of the .m3u playlist. Loading the rom from here allows me to carry on as if nothing was wrong.

Obviously this isn’t a huge deal as I can carry on playing but I’m guessing it’s a bug of some kind so I thought I’d document it here so that it can be seen by anyone that may need it or encounter the same issue.

I’ve tried updating everything etc and nothing seems to have shifted it, but at least there’s a work around.