Gamecube Controller not an option in Dolphin

I’m trying to play Wii games, using the dolphin core, that are compatible with Gamecube controllers, except “Gamecube Controller” is not showing as an option in Quick Menu>Controls when I have a Wii game loaded.

It shows up for Gamecube titles, and I know for sure that Rampage Total Destruction supports the Gamecube controller. I also tried Resident Evil 4 (Wii ver) to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

For something like Resident Evil, you ‘can’ just switch it to “Wiimote+Classic Controller” but there’s a few games, like Rampage, that support GC pads, but not Classic Controllers.

There’s also layout differences, and on screen prompt differences, etc etc.

Am I doing something wrong? I even tried loading up a Gamecube game, setting the controller type to “Gamecube Controller” and then saving a core remap - but when you go back to the Wii games it just doesn’t respond at all and now it says just “RetroPad”.

Someone has to add Gamecube Controller Compatibility for Wii Mode

Hi, bro, are you find some methods to solve this problem? I have the same problem with you and i don’t know how to solve this. In fact, about three month ago there still have the “Gamecube Classic Controllers” option,but recently i can’t find it in the menu.

There is a Gamecube version of Resident Evil 4.

I get around this problem by using the standalone version of Dolphin with my PowerA Gamecube pad and official Wiimotes.

It’s been some time since I took a look at the state of this. I don’t know if the dolphin core has even been updated since this post honestly.

For me It’s not about playing the games, there’s a million ways to do that (and then some). I’m more concerned with available options, preservation of presentation, and authentic experience.

Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge required to edit/improve things like this myself so all I can really do is test scenarios out and report outcomes; at best build a case for it’s usefullness.

Just checked again, and yeah still no option for Gamecube controllers in Wii games. :frowning: