Genesis Plus GX Core Not Properly Taking Screenshots

Hello,

I have been working on various CRT Shader configurations and wanted to use Genesis games to show off how my CRT Shader configurations look in pixel art games such as Streets of Rage and Alien Storm. However, when I try to take screenshots within Retroarch, all my Genesis screenshots come out squashed and small.

Streets of Rage 2 (USA)-201206-134555

Alien Storm (World)-201212-130624

It’s strange because I do not have this issue with other cores, it just seems to occur with the Genesis Plus GX core. When I take screenshots within Beetle PSX HW for instance, they come out properly and look as they should.

I want to show off how my CRT Shaders look with Genesis games and this is making it difficult. If someone could help me troubleshoot the issue I would be greatly appreciative :slight_smile:

This is a new one to me; have you tried enabling GPU screenshot (video settings)?

1 Like

That seems to have fixed it! Weird because with GPU Screenshot set to OFF I never ran into this issue with Beetle PSX HW. Oh well.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe that’s because it’s a hardware-rendered core, so screenshots must be dumped directly from the GPU. I thought it was supposed to make black screenshots with ‘GPU screenshots’ disabled on HW-rendered cores, but I guess someone just forced it to silently enable instead, which is, admittedly, more user-friendly.

1 Like