Genesis Plus GX with Multitap

I wanted to play a 4-player-genesis-game, but only two controllers were recognized by the game. I’ve read a few forum post, which said one should configure port 2 as “Multitap” and then it would work. But I don’t have any option to configure my controller als Multitap, there ist only “Retropad” and “none” for all controllers. The chosen input or joypad Driver doesn’t seem to matter. Retroarch and Genesis Plus GX are updated to latest versions. Am I missing something?

Thomas

[QUOTE=beelyte;52036]I wanted to play a 4-player-genesis-game, but only two controllers were recognized by the game. I’ve read a few forum post, which said one should configure port 2 as “Multitap” and then it would work. But I don’t have any option to configure my controller als Multitap, there ist only “Retropad” and “none” for all controllers. The chosen input or joypad Driver doesn’t seem to matter. Retroarch and Genesis Plus GX are updated to latest versions. Am I missing something?

Thomas[/QUOTE]

My posts here might help, particularly the last post with the game config overrides required to get multitap working for each specific game

Thank your for the link! After reading I tried Wanye Gretzky, because I thought my problem could be game-specific. But again, I was able to only set the controller to Retropad or none. Then I installed your per game config, restarted, and the game gave me the multitap message at the beginning. So, everything seemed to be fine. Looking in the Retroarch controller menu, the first controller was set to “unknown”. When I tried to switch it to something else, there were only Retropad and none left. I couln’t choose “unknown” again.

I can play with four players with your configs perfectly, but I can’t produce the settings by myself because I can’t choose the controller needed.

[QUOTE=beelyte;52066]Thank your for the link! After reading I tried Wanye Gretzky, because I thought my problem could be game-specific. But again, I was able to only set the controller to Retropad or none. Then I installed your per game config, restarted, and the game gave me the multitap message at the beginning. So, everything seemed to be fine. Looking in the Retroarch controller menu, the first controller was set to “unknown”. When I tried to switch it to something else, there were only Retropad and none left. I couln’t choose “unknown” again.

I can play with four players with your configs perfectly, but I can’t produce the settings by myself because I can’t choose the controller needed.[/QUOTE]

Ya, it was a ginormous pain to create the configs. It took forever. That said, I’ve finished setting up all the games that I’ve been able to confirm use MultiTap. Here is my updated full config download for Genesis MultiTap:

Thank you very much for your hard work. :slight_smile: That helps me a lot!