Get Rid of Blackline in Starcraft 64

You can see in the Screen shot the Blackline as Cricled It here:

Tried both N64 Cores but did not go away and Tride Glide64 and Angrylion Plugins and Nothing Changed .

How can I get rid of the Blackline?

try integer scaling?

Tried that but does not get rid of the Line Sadly

I googled the game and every emulated video I saw, (Both stand alone and otherwise.) showed the black line. Sometimes it is actually almost a box. I think it is the border of the sprite being used for the cursor.

Not any help I know but the only video I saw that didn’t show it was a capture from a real console.:slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

^^^^

So then I take it as an Emulation Problem that not been fixed yet.

Game is Playable just that the Black Line kind of Annoying.

Thanks @Duimon for looking into that Mate

1 Like

I tested with Mupen64plus-Next + Parallel RDP/RSP and there is no black line in my case.

1 Like

What Drivers where you Using and What Operating System being Used on?

As I using Windows 64 bit Version and Tried the GLCore/GL/Vulkan/Direct 11 Video Plugins

1 Like

Windows 10 64bit. Card is a GTX 1060 with somewhat old drivers (haven’t updated them for months).

Using Vulkan of course, for the Parallel plugins to function properly.

Maybe you need to change some core option? I noticed some time ago that “Native Texture LOD” was OFF by default. This caused some effects to not function properly (like the Peach/Bowser painting transition in Mario 64) so i have turned it ON by default for all games.

3 Likes

I looked in the Options for Mupen64Plus-Next but no options that said “Native Texture LOD”.

Is it named Different or have I missed it?

Update

Found it in the Parrel Core and yes changing that Option has got rid of the Black Line

3 Likes

For the “Native Texture LOD” option to appear, you need to be using Parallel RDP/RSP plugins in Mupen64plus-Next. You also need to be using Vulkan otherwise i don’t think it works.

The Parallel core is outdated, use the above combination instead.

1 Like

Thanks for that and I have it working now and it does get rid of the Blackline.

Hopefully glide64 plugin can fix this as well.

Thanks for the Help @GemaH

3 Likes

I’m using an older Mupen64plus-next core for GlideN64 (from 2020) and there is no black line even with GlideN64.

Not sure if it’s an option or a regression. At some point there was a big regression with the native 2D elements option for GlideN64. This older version doesn’t have this issue. I don’t think they ever fixed it because i remember testing it later on. So i stopped bothering with GlideN64 and made the Parallel RDP/RSP plugins my defaults and never looked back. Graphics have been pretty much perfect for me in all games i tried ever since.

2 Likes