GL compute shaders example and input

Hi,

I’m able to compile this demo on Windows (MSYS2). However, when I launch it with retroarch, I don’t see to have any viable input controls. The mouse and keyboard don’t seem to do anything in the core. I can exit to the menu, of course.

Shouldn’t this demo have working input controls? Is there something I can change to get it working?

I’m not familiar with this specific test core (would you mind linking it?) but many of them don’t actually do anything and are just for reference for someone who wants to do/use a thing in a core.

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

The examples are linked from the documentation on OpenGL cores:

Here’s the direct link:

And libretro published a video of the demo:

The video shows clearly that you can move the camera around in the demo.

Your inputs work in other cores, I guess? I would assume it’s just regular retropad inputs.

Good question. They do work but in this case, I am running it with retroarch -L <core>. So, maybe that is clearing out the input settings. It might be that nothing is defined.

Well, on the other hand, I tried with a normal launch. It works when I load another core and content. However, the Controls->Port 1 Controls settings for the demo core show --- for everything. I can’t make a selection.

yeah, no surprise on the quick menu > controls, as remapping requires input descriptors and themaister probably never felt the need to add them to this one. Your normal retropad inputs should work, though.

I’m just using a mouse + keyboard. I could try with a controller plugged in.

The X/Y axes are reversed (Y=X, X=Y), for some reason but otherwise it works. I suppose there is some way to map a keyboard and mouse?

1 Like

you can map a keyboard (there should be default mappings of arrows for the dpad and z, x, a, s, q and w for retropad-B, -A, -Y, -X, -L and -R, respectively. You can change that default mapping in settings > input > port 1 controls.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks! :smiley: