for more than 2 years now I try to get the windows hatari core to support joystick emulation. I try every now and then, but it just doesn’t work.
That’s the situation so far:
- I can boot up hatari succesfully
- I can start games
- I can control games (or the atari desktop) with mouse and keyboard
- I can use the meta functions that are controlled with a gamepad (for example switching mouse and joystick ports)
- I can access hatari’s internal menu (GUI) and control it with gamepad (!)
- But it’s not possible to assign any gamepad (xinput or dinput) to be used as joystick
- Even worse: It’s also not possible to map keyboard keys to joystick, so there’s absolutely no way to control a game that needs to be played with a joystick
So what I would like to know: Is there at least ONE person out there that ever managed to emulate a joystick for the RA hatari core? Anyone?
btw.: I’ve no problem getting the standalone version of hatari to work. What might be the problem with the RA core?