Hgoda90 - OrionsAngel's Overlays w/ Mega Bezel Presets

Update

– I have finished with Packs 1-4 and should be able to finish Pack 5 tomorrow

Note: There were a few weird shaped overlays that I wasn’t able to get 4:3

4 Likes

I need to dig in deeper on some of these settings your using here to see what you have going on! Are you using certain mega bezel parameters to do your own “dark” versions from that end of things vs the actual original cabinet art png?

So your mbz.params file is what controls which mega bezel preset is ultimately used based on whichever one is set to # correct? So someone would just need to change where that # is in there to adjust the level of mega bezel used. Then each of the .slangp files point to this mbz.params to read it.

What tells your game (that you launch) to use one of the many .slangp files? Is that a manual configuring part for the end user to pick and choose and set them per game on their end?

Either way good work.

1 Like

The mbz.params files just has a list of Mega Bezel presets that can be changed by removing // from the wanted shader file path.

I do Night variations with Ambient Lighting controlled by night.params file.

The slangp file that is loaded is dependent on the end user. It’s the way that the presets were loaded before Hyperspace did wildcard.

Thanks @MagicHat, now that I have seen the changing of # instead of removing // I am going to have to change them. :+1:

Ok I’m following your setup now. Your examples of these night variations via shader settings have my brain spinning up some potential ideas on methods for users to possibly customize their setups in a more user friendly way.(vs manually selecting the .slang in game.

1 Like

Hi @hgoda90 and @MagicHat. I really appreciate your work, but to be honest, I can’t quite understand the difference between the two, I’m sorry if I’m mistaken but it seems both of you are doing the same job. And speaking of shaders, have you tried koko-aio shaders? He said they are faster and better suited for not-so-new machines.

1 Like

The presets that MagicHat does use wildcard which auto loads overlay based on game. The ones I made is user dependent on what preset is loaded.

I have made some graphics for koko-aio myself but haven’t made presets for OrionsAngel’s overlays.

1 Like

Ok, but both of you have made custom settings game by game for a custom fit, right? In any case, I don’t want to make a discussion of it, just asking. Regarding koko-aio, seems pretty interesting for putting an old PC to work… BTW, I love vertical layouts, for 32" or even larger vertical screens. Have you thought about converting those overlays to HSM or koko-aio?

Yeah that’s right. I went ahead and did the presets so there was a preset per image for those that want it that way. I should clarify that MagicHat set uses only one preset called multigame.

For vertical layout overlays, ArsInvictus and those over at 4K Vertical Overlay Community Contributions are going to be converting them over to Mega Bezel.

2 Likes

Yea the differences are the way things are strung together in the config, how they’re packaged up for release to others, and what’s needed on the end users side for setup and custom tweaks. Ultimately it’s @HyperspaceMadness idea and example that he came up with a few months back when I came on the scene specifically for @Orionsangel 's work. Once I realized his latest releases with the mega bezel are mostly art focused and not so much on a fully packaged up release, I started to learn how others are putting things together and figured I see if I can jump in and put something useful together for others to also use. Who knows maybe we can find a way to combine the best of both. I’m not here for any fame or to score points or “be first” lol. I set this up for personal use and then at the end I said, I should probably spend a little more time on documentation (for myself) and others incase others find it useful. So yea that’s my back story that no one probably cares about. Also… there’s absolutely no problem with having different options around here even if sometimes they might seem very similar. Options are great for everyone!

Hgoda played a role in me learning as well so he’s been great help. And seeing his ideas and methods help me think of additional ways to improve things as well. I would suggest you give them both a try just like anything else and go with the one that fits your needs.

2 Likes

Update

– Changes to Packs 1-4 and Pack 5 presets have been added to download
– Changed the format of download to folder so that it’s easier to update/download individual overlay

Note: Download button at mega will still download everything as a zip

2 Likes

Thanks @MagicHat. It’s good to know that I helped somebody with my experimentation :man_scientist:

My main helpers were @Duimon, @HyperspaceMadness and @Cyber. I think that everybody learns at least one thing from everyone else.

I second this in use what meets your needs. As I stated before I just want easy access to the different variations without having to change the image path in the params. Others would like the easy access of having one preset to load the image automatically without having to save game to game. So do what you will but the most important is to have fun with it :grinning:.

2 Likes

Pure wisdom @MagicHat and @hgoda90. Thanks for sharing your work with the community!! BTW, which links have you updated @hgoda90? Only the “My Realistic Arcade” or others packs too?

All the links where changed to folder style but My Realistic Arcade Overlay presets where the only ones changed.

2 Likes

Found a wiki for Candy Cabinets. It includes art, flyers and Japanese manuals for certain cabinets.

https://www.hard--candy.com/wiki/candy-cabinets

2 Likes

Renamed the preset files. An update isn’t needed unless wanting the new naming.

Next Up

– Handhelds

Note: These presets will be simply so that there is Mega Bezel presets and have reflection turned off.

2 Likes

Update

– Handhelds pack is now available to download

1 Like

Wow! That looks awesome!!! I guess you have a 2560x1440 monitor, right?

Is that deliberate or you can’t afford a 4K monitor yet (like me)? :grin:

1 Like

I do have a 1440p monitor as main and a 1080p monitor for my secondary, ACER Nitro EDA270U P and HP 24mh. I thought it would be the sweet spot and I don’t use 4k content enough to justify getting a 4k monitor.

In the future I will most likely go ahead and get 4k stuff once the technology gets cheaper.