How can i create a new topic? :/

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated? — David Bader

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

I know that this has nothing to do with this topic. How does someone create a new topic? I have looked and looked and looked, and cannot see anything that looks remotely like a "create new post/topic. All I can do is reply to a post that is already created by other ppl.

1 Like

This post has a good breakdown of the different ways to reach “trust level 1”, which allows you to make new topics:

6 Likes

good luck to you, then :wave:

Jesus Christ, people have lives too instead of wandering around all day just to create one topic. Not everyone has free time as yours. Some are family men some are job workers. Some got to take care of their health. NGL its a pretty stupid rule. But whatever helps you sleep at night

1 Like

You make the incorrect assumption that I have excess free time, no family and no job (and perfect health), such that I not only need to spend it all answering the same questions over and over from people who refuse to spend a few minutes searching for an answer before posting (during which time they would fulfill the requirements to reach the trust level required for making new topics), but also to clean up all of the spam that results from less stringent requirements.

Are you familiar with the idiom ‘when you point a finger at someone, there’s three fingers pointing back at you’?

4 Likes

how many posts do i need to interact with? i have a really simple question that no one seems to be asking about.

3 Likes

I believe the ones in this post are still valid: How can i create a new topic? :/

Here, I’ll like your post and we can see if that pushes you through.

2 Likes

wait are there that many bots that hit this site? or are there too few administrators? Just want to understand the whole limit thing; totally noob for sure.

Yes, forums are consistently targeted by SEO spammers.

And yes, I do almost all of the moderation myself.

5 Likes

oh snaps! well thank you for the clarification. ill stick around so i can add some new posts. I worked with Retropie, Recalbox, Batorcea and retrobat; usually adding some esoteric walkthrough to help people with Dual boots, getting Diablo/fallout/Warhammer up and running correctly, etc. EmuElec is a great alternative to Retorpie due to the Scalpers of pi (40 dollars to now 120plus). I’m using La Potato personally.

1 Like

This was my experience. I just registered and am wondering why I can’t start a new question.

I agree with this :heart:

I’m trying to ask a question about a problem I’m having with retroarch. Do I really need to make five posts just so I can ask my question? If so here is post number 1.

Please tell me I don’t have to harass 3 more people with posts not related to their topic just so I can ask my question. Here is post number 2.

Hope you guys don’t mind me doing this but post number 3

Help? How do I make a new Topic? I need help with something but there’s no button to make a new topic.

So I actually read the requirements to make a new topic and I’m fairly certain I have managed to fulfill at least three:

Entering 10 different topics
Reading 50 posts
Give at least 5 likes

Two should apparently be enough, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Have I missed something?

won’t let me create a post?

I can’t create a post either. I find it discouraging as a newer user to Retroarch to come here to ask a question only to find out that posting is not allowed. I’m sorry for being direct, but HOW STUPID. That is the whole point of a forum. You don’t have to treat new users like little children - most people by now have used a forum of some sort. As for spam - it’s just part of running a forum… instead of blocking people for 10 minutes or however many posts how bout forcing a captcha for 10 minutes or a minimum number of posts… at least people can ask a question for goodness sake! I digress…

I’m having an issue where Retroarch is not properly writing out the controller profiles. I completely removed everything under Autoconfig and intentionally created a new profile with an XBox 360 controller and defined all the buttons under settings/input/retropad binds/port 1 and then told it to save. The file it created only had a few entries in it, but not everything I defined. It had axis’ and one or two buttons.

Tried it with my cabinet that has two U360 controllers (while I had those unplugged for the above test) and they didn’t save anything but the header with the VID/PID - no buttons or no directions.

Rich