How Configs files Work?

I was reading the guide, but some things i dont have clear or not work as well. For example, i want to set all my PSX Games to be loaded on Ram so i put this line on retroarch-core-options.cfg: beetle_psx_hw_cd_access_method = “pre-cache”

However, when i load a game, it gets changed to “sync” on options, then I reopen the retroarch-core-options.cfg and for my surprise the line i have entered got changed to “sync” There is no per game settings there, so retroarch-core-options.cfg isnt supposed to be the master for settings?

try removing the hyphen. That is, precache instead of pre-cache.

1 Like

Oh, my bad. Thanks for your fast response. For some default settings for controller would be good idea put lines there too? Like setting Dualshock for Beetle PSX Core

NVM I found out that creating a remap file (*.rmp) applies to controller configuration.

Another thing to note is, that if a change options for a game (like CPU OC, MSAA, Widescreen hack), even if I not save them, it keeps on retroarch-core-options.cfg and keeps them as the new default settings so any game that I load and dont have their own config settings it runs with the new modified retroarch-core-options.cfg Even if a game profile is loaded, this changes keep stored on the retroarch-core-options.cfg… so how I can get a default file that doesnt get changed? Even disabling the option “save on exit” doesnt work for this file.

UPDATE: The only that worked for me is setting the config file to read only, in that way it is unmodified. I just change game and the settings will revert. If i wanna save some changes i just create a config file per game.