How do I separate player 1 from player 2?

Something interesting happened. I ran the line that you gave me and it changed my setup (settings and no roms). I was able to remap and get both sticks to work, but when I reboot everything would disappear and I would have to start over. I tried to run the line without the “live” and I was not able to use player two controls at all. I feel like I’m getting closer which is a good feeling.

That should be correct. Booting with “live usbhid.quirks=…” only works once when you run that line. If you want it to boot with the command everytime you need to eventualy add it into the bootloader files.

How do I do that? I thought that was what I was doing. I’m placing this line in the cmdline.txt file when I take my SD card out and place it into another machine. Is there something different that I need to do?

If you edit the cmdline.txt and added usbhid.quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040 at the end of the line, it shoud be ok.

When I enter that line I cannot bind player 2. I went in and set player 2 to default and then tried to bind but was not able to do any binds. I think I’m going to try to reinstall and start fresh and see if that helps. Please keep suggestions coming if you have them.

Reinstalled and entered the line into the cmdline.txt file and am still having my original issue. Player 1 and player 2 joysticks still are connected, the buttons work fine, but I am back a square one.

I don’t understand how come it can work in live mode and not when you installed it.

Can you paste the content of your cmdline.txt ?

Thank you.

Have you tried to go to “retroarch-joyapad” fodler and open your controllername.cfg files to see if all the datas are ok compared to your retroarch.cfg file ?

boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet vt.global_cursor_default=0 loglevel=2 usbhid.quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040

What is the output of

cat /sys/module/usbhid/parameters/quirks

The line is correct so it should work.

I spent a little time digging in lakka through network access. I found a joy pads folder but it was empty. I was able to get into my retroactive.cfg file but I was not able to find the files that you suggested. Do I need to look somewhere else?

What is the output of ?

mount | grep sysfs

On Generic platform sysfs is mounted.

i am assuming that I was going into ssh to input these commands. please correct me if I am wrong. Here is the outputs: Lakka (community) Version: 2.0 Lakka:~ # cat /sys/module/usbhid/parameters/quirks (null),(null),(null),(null) Lakka:~ # mount | grep sysfs sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)

Thank you, I was thinking it should have displayed usb quirks arguments.

I checked RetroArch configuration and it seems the usb quirks is already configured.

By the way is to possible to make a test with Lakka 2.1 RC3 ?

Thank you.

Upgraded but still have the same problem. I need to play around to see if any of the previous suggestions will work.

Nothing I am doing is getting the result I want. More suggestions are welcomed.

I am kind of confused as it works in live mode but not when you install it.

I am way more lost than you are. Is there anything more I can try? Any more info I can provide you with?

Can you try to reset your configuration file ?

Thank you.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the help. I did not get to do this last suggestion yet because I am trying out RetroPie. I was able to get it to run there. I still like how lakka handles the layout so perhaps I’ll try again in the future. Again, thank you so much for what you all do. I truly appreciate all of the time you spent trying to help me out.