How to install a nightly build?

I was using ifile until you said to use winscp. But it’s still crashing, let me show you whats on mines, while using winscp…

Group: mobile [501] Owner: root [0]

Permissions: Owner √R √W √X Group √R √W √X Others √R √W √X

That’s that

[QUOTE=Sam79;20126]I was using ifile until you said to use winscp. But it’s still crashing, let me show you whats on mines, while using winscp…

Group: mobile [501] Owner: root [0]

Permissions: Owner √R √W √X Group √R √W √X Others √R √W √X

That’s that[/QUOTE]

Maybe I can help. is the icon for retroarch correctly displayed? If not maybe the issue is that the Info.plist is not correctly set. Permission need to be 775 just for “Retroarch” file which is the executable. Also, please post the user/group ownership to see if they are correct.

I see the app on my home screen, it crashes, my permissions is set too 777 I installed it as a .deb from ifile. The ownership is Owner is root Mobile is mobile

Wait your talking about the file Retroarch that’s inside of “Retroarch.app”? Is it that file that needs the permissions to be changed? Because I have been changing the Retroarch.app folder

Just the retro arch file itself needs the permissions changed. Doing the folder itself won’t change it.

Ownership is fine: root/mobile. Yes you need to change the permissions of the Retroarch file within Retroarch.app folder. Please change it to 775 and see if that helps. However if you installed it from a .deb file it should be already being set.

Thank you so much it’s a success. Thank you guys for taking your time to walking me through this process.

File no longer available. Could you please reuploa the file? thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I’m having some trouble with the new build. I change the settings for each core including overlay, controller input and choose “save new configuration” but when I start any game on any core it goes back to default retroarch.cfg and won’t let me change the overlay in game. Also I don’t know if anybody else has this issue but I can’t connect my PS3 controller with only BTstack I have to use Controllers For All

This build isn’t exactly ready for the “masses” some of the configurations just don’t work and it never saves any changes I make to each build either. When you manually select the core in the beginning you can change the overlay to go with it. But then if you switch cores you have to change the overlay to match that one.

I’m sure it’ll be worked out eventually. I can’t get gba with vba next to scale to the screen even. When you go into custom aspect ratio there aren’t any options there and it kind of freezes. Have to keep hitting the back button multiple times to get it to back out.

And no when you install the deb the permissions aren’t automatically set. It’s missing execute still once it’s installed so you have to manually go in and switch it.

https://mega.co.nz/#!A5h2HZya!UEKaRj8M_Dl9nJUGPT_xGY9QEqmOycJb212Z05paVWE

There you go guys.

[QUOTE=GutlessGnat;20229]This build isn’t exactly ready for the “masses” some of the configurations just don’t work and it never saves any changes I make to each build either. When you manually select the core in the beginning you can change the overlay to go with it. But then if you switch cores you have to change the overlay to match that one.

I’m sure it’ll be worked out eventually. I can’t get gba with vba next to scale to the screen even. When you go into custom aspect ratio there aren’t any options there and it kind of freezes. Have to keep hitting the back button multiple times to get it to back out.

And no when you install the deb the permissions aren’t automatically set. It’s missing execute still once it’s installed so you have to manually go in and switch it.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it still needs lots of fixes in order to be more stable. I have seen lot of fixes being made to this version in the github so I hope we’ll have a functional version pretty soon. For now I recommend to stick with 1.0.0.2 version and update the cores if you can. I’m pretty happy with this version as I can play many games this way. No need for the new version yet :slight_smile:

The best is to update, and give feedback.

Yeap i try to help the development, testing new build (every day) then add some feedback in the github page.

in this way we all win

[QUOTE=GutlessGnat;20236]https://mega.co.nz/#!A5h2HZya!UEKaRj8M_Dl9nJUGPT_xGY9QEqmOycJb212Z05paVWE

There you go guys.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting however, it doesnt work. Dpkg error:subprocess paste killedby signal when installing through ifile.

Thanks. How do you convert these nightly zip files to deb? I really wanna install the version that has a fix on iphone 6 plus screen resolution. Thanks again

I use iFunbox 2014 and just drop all the files from the nightly ios on top of the Retroarch.app folder. I think the app is working great already but I do have some issues:

1. No auto rotation - Could be that I can´t find a option for it

2. No auto-core selection anymore like in 1.0.0.2 you need to select the core first

3. UI is kind of hard to understand and remember how to get to each option. Is like options buried in more options. Also the 3 buttons “Options” - “Settings” - “Configurations” should be merged or get better naming.

4. Opening the UI through the small Retroarch icon on the overlay would let me resume by touching on the top resume button. I need to touch the “resume content” them the “resume” on top to go back. Opening the UI by touching the top of the screen do not cause this issue.

5. No option to clean the History.

So far those are the little things I´m missing. Performance feels really great guys!! Please keep it up!

[QUOTE=pralima87;20267]I use iFunbox 2014 and just drop all the files from the nightly ios on top of the Retroarch.app folder. I think the app is working great already but I do have some issues:

1. No auto rotation - Could be that I can´t find a option for it

2. No auto-core selection anymore like in 1.0.0.2 you need to select the core first

3. UI is kind of hard to understand and remember how to get to each option. Is like options buried in more options. Also the 3 buttons “Options” - “Settings” - “Configurations” should be merged or get better naming.

4. Opening the UI through the small Retroarch icon on the overlay would let me resume by touching on the top resume button. I need to touch the “resume content” them the “resume” on top to go back. Opening the UI by touching the top of the screen do not cause this issue.

5. No option to clean the History.

So far those are the little things I´m missing. Performance feels really great guys!! Please keep it up![/QUOTE]

Dropping the nightly files works like that? That’s pretty cool, didn’t know that.

What are you using to run retro arch?

[QUOTE=GutlessGnat;20269]Dropping the nightly files works like that? That’s pretty cool, didn’t know that.

What are you using to run retro arch?[/QUOTE]

A iPhone 6 :slight_smile:

Does everything scale correctly in your 6? I can’t get the gba games to scale to my 6 plus

Well right now I can´t set it to landscape and the auto-rotation is not working.

Using 1.0.0.2 it was scaling right. I think the 6 plus had some issues with 1.0.0.2.