How to Use Mouse and Keyboard on Flycast?

I want to play Outrigger with Keyboard and Mouse as people say lot easier and fun to play than using a Controller

I don’t know how to do it on Flycast so hoping someone can help me please?

I did this a few days ago and it was complicated.

After loading the game, you have to go into Quick Menu, Controls and set the Port 2 controller to Mouse. Then go back into Settings, Input, RetroPad Binds, Port 2 Controls and change the Mouse Index from N/A (#2) to Default. That will get the game to work with your mouse.

For the keyboard, I mapped the controller in Port 1’s Dpad Up Left Right Down to WASD under RetroPad Binds. I did it in a per game override so it wouldn’t affect anything else. I had to remove any other inputs that were mapped to those keys in that override too, of course. That seemed easier to me than trying to enable the actual Dreamcast keyboard for Outtrigger, since I don’t think that uses WASD for movement. I think I also mapped whichever RetroPad button that the game uses as “Change View” to Q.

This made the game feel mostly like a PC FPS, but it’s still not very good. It’s like a very watered down Quake III, with tiny arenas. Didn’t end up playing it for long.

1 Like