Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

When a core has the option to turn up the internal resolution I usually turn it up a bit. If this counts as a high res core then count me as one on the list, although with scanlines I usually don’t go to 1920 x 1080, it just feels wrong.

2 Likes

Yup, this counts :wink:

Whenever a higher res image comes out of the core, like setting PSX to 2X or 4X

1 Like

I up the resolution in both N64 and PS1, but I always downscale within the core option to native resolution. I use 2x in Dolphin.

1 Like

When you say you downscale in the core options, do you mean the normal options menu in retroarch, or the parameters in the shader?

I’d be ok with those being out for a faster preset. I like that your shader keeps a nice look on almost any emulator and resolution. My higher resolutions are usually for Dreamcast games, followed by some PSX1 upscaling and maybe occasionally playing a Dos game at a higher resolution.

1 Like

Hey everyone, check this out!

1 Like

The option in Retroarch cores, not the shader.

1 Like

What my dear colleagues think about it?

My object is to make one for each great arcade developer (snk, capcom, konami…). Since it still a WIP, I would like some thoughts and recommendations.

3 Likes

I like the concept and the execution. The current night image doesn’t work very well for regular art it seems. If you’d like I can take your graphic and see if I can come up with a night image that shows off the art more.

Please, I would love it. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsuPG_t4-2LNh7seKXiA0ZG6Anlwtg?e=guvSBK

Just a quick work!

2 Likes

Hi @BendBombBoom, I finally tried this out and turn on upscaling 4x and downscaling 1/4 and I haven’t seen any issues with the fake scanlines or the cropping…

I’ll see if I can repeat. It’s been so long I forgot about it as well.

@HyperspaceMadness Have you looked at the lastest slang mame_hlsl shader? It has scanline scaling and rolling scanlines. I originally thought the rolling scanlines might work well with higher fake scanlines to help hide where things don’t like up but now I’m not so sure.

Still I think it is an interesting idea to look at.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll take a look at it, thanks for the heads up :slight_smile: .

is it possible to combine this with the bigblur shader? so instead of the carbon background it uses the blurry gameplay effect as the background?

@0:43

He has something similar, the glass presets.

i know, but i like the frame

So you want the normal bezel & frame, but outside where you currently see the carbon fiber you want to see a blurry reflection like there in the glass preset?

2 Likes