Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Thank you! I changed that… I do get better temperatures after all. I’m at 45 degrees while writing this using two monitors and 4k, cannot complain at all :smiley:

Just to show… Splatterhouse with the Nintendo Switch bezel and… HSM shader in Night mode ! Integer scale respected (1152x896).

2 Likes

On the web, i’ve seen a 4k bezel of Mortal Kombat. After a little work, suitable for HSM Shader (Night Mode) and still integer scale respected (1200x762) !

5 Likes

This one may look nice in arcade cabinets. I will try later.

1 Like

I love this PSX Overlay! is there any way i can use this instead of the standard Mega Bezel? These bezels are amazing man!

4 Likes

Yup @ledoeye ,

You can find all these awesome graphics in @Duimon’s Github

You can find the link to the Github in the second post https://forums.libretro.com/t/duimon-hsm-reflection-shader-graphics-feedback-and-updates

He might even have a preset already set up for this I’m not sure.

If not what you will need to do is copy the preset you use and open the .slangp in a text editor and change the background texture in the file to use the PSX image, and set the LED image to the PSX LED image, the Night Mode is also dialed up to like 95% here.

Thanks a lot @HyperspaceMadness!

1 Like

Hi @HyperspaceMadness, I finally found out what was causing my weird uneven scanlines effect with Crt-Royale (my edited “Kurozumi” version) ! It turns out the problem happens when I disable Integer Scaling in the general video section of RA, like I am supposed to when using your shaders. After enabling Integer Scaling, the problem completely goes away !

Here are some comparative pictures (taken with my phone) with Super Metroid :

The first picture is when I enable Integer scaling : no weird uneven lines ; the second one is when I disable it : the weird lines appear.

What is strange is that the image size does not even change, since the integer scaling is enabled anyway in your shader preset !

The downside is that your bezel does not cover the whole screen with Integer Scaling enabled in the general Video section, as you can see in the first picture.

2 Likes

Hmmm… I’ll have to try to figure out what is going on here to get better results, because “technically” it should not matter, but obviously it does matter as it is different as you are showing.

What resolution are you running on your monitor, and what are your shader integer scaling settings?

Thanks for taking the time to show this to me! :slight_smile:

Edit: @hunterk is there a retroarch integer scale mode which is larger than the screen? I’m going to look into the issue Tromzy is showing, it’s really weird :frowning:

1 Like

No problem ! My screen resolution is 2560*1440, here are my scaling parameters in the preset : HSS_INT_SCALE_MODE = “1.000000”

HSS_INT_SCALE_MULTIPLE_OFFSET = “0.000000”

HSS_INT_SCALE_MULTIPLE_OFFSET_LONG = “0.000000”

HSS_INT_SCALE_BORDER_MIN_HEIGHT = “5.500000”

HSS_NON_INTEGER_SCALE = “82.970001”

HSS_SNAP_TO_INT_SCALE_TOLERANCE = “0.000000”

1 Like

Only if you do integer+custom. The current integer setup is a floor() function rather than a round().

2 Likes

Hey again @HyperspaceMadness, so i’m playing Tomb raider 2 and i notice that when i use one of the Mega bezel presets there is a lot of dithering is there any way to remove it?

2 Likes

Try increasing the [ MDAPT ] mode to be more permissive about blending dithering. You can also turn on [ TV PROCESS GTU ] and adjust the signal resolution and this will add some horizontal blurring to help blend things.

If this still isn’t enough you could try to use one of the SEGA CD presets, they are set up to try to smooth out really harsh content. It has a ps1 box filter in it, and it also has some of GTU blurring in it. You may need to adjust the settings so that it doesn’t have such a crazy big bezel.

3 Likes

Thanks @HyperspaceMadness!

2 Likes

The beta shader is un-freaking real. So much can be now done with multiple layers. Here is my current night shader running my SNES layers.

11 Likes

Hey guys, i’m a hardcore fan of Amstrad. Amstrad CPC 6128 was my fav at it’s time. Easymode is really the best shader for this system. Is there ever a HSM shader (preset, background…) dedicated to this machine planned for the future ? The Spectrum system exists, now place to the Amstrad please :grin:

2 Likes

Request heard! To the top of the list it goes.

3 Likes

With my modest skills, while waiting for the new Grail, adaptation of an overlay of Orion Angel. I’ve just a request for a new one, please CPC 6128, not 464 :grin:

Hi @Duimon i been using your Playstation preset and i was wondering if it’s possible to add my own preference shader like this one for example ( crt-fast-bilateral-super-xbr ) ?

1 Like

It is possible but you have to muck around with the passes, which can get tricky sometimes.

There is an smoothing effect in the Mega Bezel already if you want to try it.

To try it you need to turn on ScaleFX --You will find this right before the crt shader parameters-- then increase the Core Sampling Multiple, probably to 2 or 3,

Here it is with and without the fake scanlines applied.

Fake Scanlines

No Scanlines

I also find that you get an interesting effect by increasing the scanline sampling to 2 or 3, and setting the opposite dir sampling (Up and down in this case) to a small offset like 1.25 image

1 Like