Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

You’re welcome! Glad you like it. A portion of this stuff I would do for myself, but I’ve taken it a lot farther because of feedback that people enjoy it :grinning:

Good luck on the transition if you choose to move it over :slight_smile:

One of the great things with Retroarch is if you want to run other emulators like console, most of them have retroarch cores so you can run them all in a very similar way and leverage the same shaders for all the different emulators/cores.

3 Likes

Hi ! Your NeoGeo_CD HSM is just awesome ! But you have made a mistake in the preset file. In this line :

LEDImage = “shaders_slang/bezel/shaders/HyperspaceMadness/textures/Transparent_DummyTexture_16x16.png”

I’ve made a correction for this working with :

LEDImage = “overlays/bezel/Logo/NeoGeo_CD_LED.png”

1 Like

Thank you. But, it is not a mistake. :grin:

If you read my release post, in my thread, you’ll see that not only is the LED done using a different layer (Not the LED layer.) it is also not being used until the new version of the shader is released. You may change the line in the shader if you like but it will not change the way the shader is displayed. The LED will be hidden behind the bezel.

To be more clear, the “NeoGeo_CD_LED.png” is intended to be displayed on the bezel frame and requires newer shader masking modes and/or layer ordering to work, which is why it’s disabled on my current distributed preset.

1 Like

It’s weird that with your default line, the shader won’t work. Need to change the line to see it working. Of course, the led is invisible, but the shader works. Don’t know why default value give me the failed message.

1 Like

I don’t know why either. The same line is repeated three other times so changing the one should solve nothing, and it loads fine on my end.

Also, the requester has tested the graphic and reported no problems. :thinking:

Some more snippets of the new shader, I added scaling and position offset of the shader so you can fake a “widescreen” like effect with driving games, or you can just get a similar effect to what the Big Blur preset does. Kind of fun :grinning:

For anyone using the Alpha version of the shader from my Github it’s been updated. and there’s a preset you can try here: bezel\Mega_Bezel\Variations\MBZ__1__GLASS__GUEST-DrVENOM_Driving_Outrun.slangp

10 Likes

That, my friend, is super cool!!! :grin:

1 Like

Yeah it just occurred to me this morning, the effect is not bad in motion, I think for these kind of games where there is a lot of motion the sort of Big Blur type of effect can be nicer because everything is travelling the same direction (away from the center of the screen)

3 Likes

I wanna try it with afterburner

1 Like

Heh, yeah that occurred to me as well :smiley:, I just tried it and it works pretty well, even when you tilt. If you point down a lot there starts to be more mismatch.

7 Likes

Wow, that really is the berries and quite an ingenious use of the Glass shader. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Some tests with some of @ArsInvictus graphics!

This is using an image to mask the reflection to mimic the bumpy plastic bezel surface

11 Likes

:thinking:

That is VERY interesting! How are you using the image exactly? A luminosity mask?

1 Like

Yup it’s just a multiplication by the brightness in the mask image. The mask looks like a high contrast version of the bezel graphic which has this texture in it already

2 Likes

can you share that overlay? in png? without sega image plssss.

1 Like

This isn’t an overlay image. It’s a visual effect in the reflection shader itself.

1 Like

:money_mouth_face: looks great. I need to get a cheap LCD TV to try this out.

1 Like

This is looking amazing @hyperspacemadness!

1 Like

Hey i have an issue with puae for the commodore cd32.i 've tryed to use a TV shader it’s crash automaticaly.so i’ve tried with other preset from madness it crash to. But with regular shader.slang it dosen’t crash. have u allready see that issue? dosen’t work with one of the pc engine core too.

1 Like