Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

I’m loving the cool things you can do with all the different parameters

2 Likes

Yeah you can get almost a glassy look like this:

Although it starts to show where the seams are in the mapping of the area outside the screen :wink:

2 Likes

I need to re-review the list of parameters to see what could be possibly removed from being editable

2 Likes

What settings do I need to change to make hsm-mega-bezel-reflection-crt-guest-sm-GTU.slangp look like this?

Great!! I’m working in something similar. Could you share the dimensions or the mask that you are using?

1 Like

Edit:

• [CURVATURE MODE] Curvature Mode - Set to 1 or 2 if you want smooth reflections at the corners
  • [SCREEN EDGE] Screen Edge Sharpness - 1
  • [BG IMAGE] Opacity- 0
  • [BEZEL] Opacity - 0
  • [BEZEL] Width - Large enough to fill the screen
  • [BEZEL] Height - Large enough to fill the screen
  • [TUBE] Black Edge Thickness = -0.25
  • [TUBE] Black Edge Curvature Scale = 1
  • [TUBE] Tube Edge Shadow = 0
  • [FRAME] Opacity - 0
  • [BEZEL] Inner Edge Thickness - Increase this
  • [REFLECTION BLUR] Max - Reduce to a low number, 0.1 or 0
  • [REFLECTION NOISE] Amount - 1
  • [REFLECTION NOISE] Samples - 4, Increase if looks too crunchy
  • [REFLECTION NOISE] Sample Distance - Play with this to your taste
  • [REFLECTION GLOBAL] Global Amount- Increase this, possibly to 1
  • [REFLECTION FADE] Fade Amount - 0.3 or some other low number
  • [REFLECTION AMOUNT] Inner Edge- Increase This
  • [REFLECTION CORNER FADE] Corner Fade - 0
3 Likes

I’m actually just using GIMP with a base 3840x2160 wallpaper and then working from there. No templates or anything fancy actually, just took a screenshot with the bezel once I had the measure I wanted and then edited my picture, added layers, etc. After that I saved a copy of these presets within Retroarch and then edited the path to the image background.

3 Likes

Do you replace de transparent or the carbon image?

4 Likes

They are probably replacing the carbon image which is the bezel image which goes UNDER the reflection, the transparent image goes OVER the image.

I should probably rename these files to help make this clearer.

4 Likes

Exactly. I’m doing that, replacing the carbon image. I actually change the path to another image, to something like this:

4 Likes

Nice one!!

I will tune the bezel color and share it here!

3 Likes

Awesome Diego! I’m out of ideas for arcade cabs… I created some silly super simple candy cab image but I don’t know.

1 Like

I did something more complex. I wrote a code in jave that read the xml from launch box and build the config file and the bezel files for retroarch for every game. The bezel file have a logo, a control scheme and the arcade flyer.

I’m thinking about a background of the shader to use with these bezels from the code.

6 Likes

If you want you can try the “Blend Color with Image” parameter to get your gradient to show up on your frame.

3 Likes

That would incredibly awesome, to add the box art on the fly to those console backgrounds we have…

1 Like

Thank you! I have been checking that but I love the solid color option you added :smiley:

1 Like

Man that’s AWESOME!!! Nice Job!

1 Like

For this, if you want your stuff to appear behind the frame and shadow then you will want to use the bezel image, if you want them to appear on top of the shadow/bezel (and independent of the background) then you would want to use the overlay image with everything transparent except for the logo, control scheme & arcade flyer you are adding.

1 Like

I will try it. If I have a sucess I can share the files.

1 Like

I’m not sure about this white bezel

4 Likes