Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

I hope it will fix the issue. I am the type of person who hates repeating myself over the same question, especially if a similar one was posted yesterday.

I would think that people could search the thread. (Maybe?)

This question has been asked many times.:wink:

Nevertheless, I will add the parameter to my presets, for all CRT systems that don’t have vertical games.

3 Likes

That is my main point. Check to see if someone already answered the question first and then ask. Don’t just simply ask the question.

2 Likes

To use Playstation core set [Aspect Ratio] Orientation: 1 and Type: 2.

Posting this so people can find the solution.

1 Like

Distributed with the shader is a 7,655 word README.md

From lines 239 - 258.

[ ASPECT RATIO ]:

• Orientation — Should the aspect be tall or wide? This does not rotate the image.

• 0 - Auto - Chooses vertical vs horizontal based on the core resolution
    • 1 - Horizontal - uses horizontal aspect
    • 2 - Vertical - uses vertical aspect
  • Type

• 0 - Auto - Choose aspect ratio based on an educated guess about the core’s resolution

• 1 - Explicit - Use the aspect ratio from the Explicit Aspect Ratio parameter

• 2 - 4:3 - Almost all arcade games are 4:3

• 3 - 3:2

• 4 - 16:9

• 5 - PAR - The aspect ratio of the core’s pixel resolution

• 6 - Full - The screen will scale to the full viewport

• Explicit Aspect Ratio - Ratio used when [Aspect Ratio] Type is set to Explicit or if Auto is chosen and no matching resolution can be found

It is a fairly elegant document containing 50,245 well thought out characters. :innocent:

6 Likes

I have added the horizontal aspect orientation parameter to every system that I don’t have a vertical preset for and/or don’t think has vertical content. Most of the LCD systems I left alone.

Let me know if it causes issues for you all. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Guys,

Soqueroeu MegaMezel TV Backgrounds V2.0 is almost finished. All backgrounds are getting improvements. I hope you enjoy.

At some point (I wish to be brief) , I plan to release It. Here a little taste:

8 Likes

Are these going to be just monitors themed around their respected console?

This is a mature project, linked to in the resource section at the top of this post, they are VERY NICE monitors themed around their respected consoles.

5 Likes

This is what you’ll see if you stick your nose up to the screen using my new and improved for 2022 CyberLab Composite - Sharp PVM Edition Shader Preset! Just zoom in and bask in the everglow of those RGB “phosphor” triads!

7 Likes

@soqueroeu I love these TVs, they are so much fun :star_struck: I never knew I needed a SNK TV, now I do!!! :rofl:

In these presets @soqueroeu is using the tube diffuse image, below shows what this does:

Tube Diffuse Image

Tube Diffuse Image OFF:

Tube Diffuse Image ON:

Night Lighting OFF:

8 Likes

Testing different flavors here!

5 Likes

Congratulations to all! Any chance we can have a shader preset for Vector games? (for some Arcades and for the Vectrex games) Thank you

4 Likes

There’s a simple vector preset in the variations folder

Vector-Horizontal__STD.slangp & Vector-Vertical__STD.slangp

It’s a basic looking preset, not the greatest looking vector simulation, it’s missing all the bright dots at the intersections of the lines, we’d need to do something fancier for that kind of effect.

5 Likes

This just reminded me of my Star Wars Arcade days. I used to play in a sit down cabinet. I also remember playing it in monochrome, probably both in amber as well as greyscale on my uncle’s PC and Dell Laptop respectively.

2 Likes

Also something to mention about arcade vector games, if you use them with FB Neo you can turn on a high resolution mode and get a good resolution for the vectors – E.G. 1080 pixels – which will help them appear thinner and better defined.

2 Likes

Hi @HyperspaceMadness. Could you please explain a bit more where this setting is located? I can’t find it within the main Retroarch settings section.

Within the FB Neo I only see Vertical mode option. Is it the one you are referring to, or am I missing something?

1 Like

just follow the exact path from @HyperspaceMadnessretroarch

4 Likes

Ok fount it. Looks like you need to enable Settings > User Interface > Show advanced Settings first. Without it, there is no Core option. Thank you all for the help.

7 Likes

You’re totally right, I’ll add this to the install directions :grinning:

7 Likes