Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Yes, here you go… Blur on 1

Blur on 2 Blur on 3 Blur off Check the “N” on the score with blur on and off… It’s more noticeable when the screen moves horizontally…

Love your preset! is there a chance to try it?

1 Like

Yep, link is in the post above to download.

1 Like

Wow! This dedither option is amazing!.. Looks awesome!!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes I did download it already but is a preset that reference another preset

#reference “FIX2 MEGA Snes Test.slangp”

HSM_SCREEN_VIGNETTE_ON = “0.000000”

Yeah! I think that is @Hyllian’s you have there, he did an amazing job on it you should take a look at his saturn examples, pretty fantastic stuff

Also I need to add the switch to control if it is done in gamma space, I’m curious if this could be adjustable, basically how much gamma is used while doing the blending to make it adjustable how much transparencies are shifted darker.

4 Likes

Ah yes good catch! Here is the correct one.

Sorry about that.

https://mega.nz/file/aR9BiJLK#Ich09QTl18F3RZuClOC5hzt5ZRSV42TphB0cKAmYHO0

2 Likes

No problem man! thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

So I did the experiment and it is looking pretty interesting, What it is doing is just adjusting the gamma before the de-dithering, then the gamma adjustment is reset afterward. Since most of the dithered transparent objects, e.g. clouds, waterfall, lights are generally much brighter than the background adjusting the bias towards a a darker blend results makes it look more transparent.

Here’s a photo of a CRT with the sonic waterfall

With a default setting for the brightness bias for the transparent amount

Then a series of different settings on the brightness Bias

Of course not ever dithered effect is brighter than the background

Bias at 50

Bias at a default 100

Bias at 200

It’s pushed to my Github if anyone wants to try it out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, @HyperspaceMadness. Is this bias a lower gamma value? (I’ll put a gamma switch and probably gamma value as params in cb-d asap)

4 Likes

Yes, it’s really good…:grin: By the way… Did you check the pics above of the blur option bug? It’s the Terminator CD game… In that game is where I saw it most, but happens in every game…

2 Likes

Yes that’s right, the 100 corresponds to a gamma of 1.3 used to linearize before, then delinearize after.

So if I actually used the gamma value instead of a 100 oriented range then 2.4 would be the same as just running it in linear space, and the default gamma value I’m using here would be 1.3, and 1 would be running without any gamma adjustment on the input.

2 Likes

Yes I took a look at the images, it’s strange that I’ve never seen an artifact like this with the box blur before.

I’ll have to look into it, I’m not sure if I will be able to fix it though as I didn’t write the box blur.

3 Likes

Just to let you know, I have an RTX 2070 with latest drivers. I have vulkan on. And a 4k screen…

2 Likes

Short answer no. This shader is really powerful to make it work at full potential. Maybe a fast version of the settings, but it won’t be the same…

1 Like

Hi, first let me thank you for this shader. It’s great!

Might be odd to ask but I like the ‘MBZ__0__SMOOTH-ADV-GLASS__EASYMODE.slangp’ preset and wanted to know if there is a bezel-less version of it? I mean just the effect without the bezel or glass, like how the normal shader preset are.

3 Likes

Welcome! :grin:

I believe what you want is…

“shaders_slang\crt\crt-easymode.slangp”

There are some added features like color grade in the Mega Bezel, but the standalone is pretty capable.

2 Likes

@HyperspaceMadness, I was thinking that it would be good to have a way to rotate the Tube Diffuse Image.

2 Likes

Sure, I don’t see why we would want to prevent this.

The default tube diffuse image has a directional lighting from top to bottom. If it rotated this more shadowy area will appear on the side.

3 Likes

Thanks @HyperspaceMadness for the info. I was having a problem with a image I was using as Tube Diffuse, I fixed everything by setting it as Tube Static Reflection Image.

I should specify that the image is the same image I used for soqueroeu’s TV Backgrounds. I figured to put it as the Tube Static Reflection Image since it is along the lines of the default image.

2 Likes