Hyllian shaders and presets

Are you talking about crt-hyllian or royale?

Hyllian, I’ve got no idea how Royale works.

1 Like

Ok. I’ll probably bring some of the old layouts, but not all as I think it can be a bit confusing for most users and my shaders are more focused on 1080p than 4k. Besides, some layouts aren’t available in subpixel_mask file, for example, classic RGB and BGR are missing there, so I had to create them in my shaders.

1 Like

It’s not a big issue but if you decide to add some, I’m personally only using masks up to 13 myself. The dot (delta) masks are usable up to 12 on 1080p, I think 13 needs a bit more scaling, I use that one on my Surface (1504p). I don’t use any slot masks from the subpixel file.

1 Like

Ok, after some more back and forth I can that the difference what I am looking at is the bloom in the white of the text between the crt-guest-advanced-rgb and the crt-guest-advanced-svideo. I believe this is called halation in crt shaders, I am not sure. However, there appears to be a slight darkening of the colors on the svideo version.

With crt-hyllian-rgb and crt-hyllian-svideo I can see the similarities with the blooming happening but I don’t see the darkening of the colors. I see a slight difference in, I suppose, masking too between the two?

How do you increase the white in the svideo version, the halation?

That’s interesting, because I can’t reproduce the white difference here:

Are you using the latest released in this thread?

2 Likes

Using version hyllian-24-01-12-r2, I no longer see the white difference between the crt-hyllian-rgb and the crt-hyllian-svideo. I do see the difference between the two when using ntsc and non-ntsc but I assume that is because of the usage of the ntsc addition correct?

On, another note, I do see that rgb sharp has an ‘a’ and a ‘b’ version which is welcomed. With the ‘b’ version having a much less intensive mask to closer match the other sharp presents.

1 Like

That’s right. The ntsc degrades colors. It lacks chroma scaling to fix that.

And about a and b versions, yes, I think they have their own visual strength.

New release: crt-hyllian-24-01-18-r1

What’s new:

• Added chroma scaling to composite and s-video presets. (Many thanks to @guest.r for figuring out this amazing feature. I made a small hack to the old ntsc shaders, so it’s a bit different implementation.)

5 Likes

That’s insane. Gotta check this update out, that’s one of the best features added to the ntsc guest shader and now it’s on royalle too. Thanks for this update.

1 Like

I hope @hunterk add it to the repo. It changes just one code line and add a param.

1 Like

Ah man me too. After I’m done tweaking guest shaders I’m gonna have to make a new royale pack too it seems. You’ve pumped new life into your shader that’s amazing.

Edit: I don’t know why I thought it was the tweaked royale pack that you posted above, I guess I’m so use to seeing you put up a new update for that, not to mention I be rushing to head out sometimes when I post lol.

1 Like

It works with any crt. You just need to change path of ntsc-pass2 to the new place.

1 Like

Minimum to no visible fringing near the gold rings over the blended waterfall is great.

Is this achievable while having colored ntsc artifacts too? (@guest.r too)

Yes. just changing params can get all effects.

1 Like

New release: Hyllian Shader Pack - 24-01-20-r1

All releases now are unified in just one pack.

What’s new:

• Folders reorganized and shaders unified;
  • crt-hyllian now is always multipass (at least 50% faster than standalone). I decided it after fixing a ten-year old bug in crt-hyllian-multipass;
  • Presets for 4k are now available;
  • Composite shaders now use Chroma Scaling. You need to update your ntsc-adaptive shaders from the repo as it was updated recently;
  • New presets using slotmasks and shadowmasks;
  • Some downsampling preset added too.

5 Likes

What happened to all the preview images? :pleading_face:

Those in the first post? I deleted as they were from very old version. I’ll be using the first post to put the latest pack. Screenshots will be scattered through posts.

No, I meant from the images you just posted where they say image not found.

1 Like

No idea what happened, imgbb just deleted all links…

Well, I just updated the screenshots. Let’s see if it’ll last…

1 Like