I need a help in configuration of the gamepad in bt keyboard mode

dears, please help, i am using ipad mini with ios 9.3.2 jb, installed retroarch stable 1.3.6, i brought two 8bitdo zero gamepad and want to play multiplayer, but when i turned the gamepads to bt keyboard mode and paired with my ipad, it works smoothly when it use as a keyboard ( i mean, it can type letters in the ios system) but when i map in the input of retroarch, the buttons are not detected by the app; i had unblided all the hotkey and blided the gamepads in the config file but they are still not working in retroarch… is there anything i am getting wrong in setting up?

Have you tried iCade mode, instead? Im using an 8bitdo Snes or select 8bitdo snes gamepad on gamepad input type.

thanks for your reply! i still figuring out how to pair the gamepads with iCade mode in retroarch, the others instructions said once i paired the gamepad with iCade mode, go to “front end” in “setting” to find the options, but there is no that front end option in setting…

and further, can iCade mode recognizes two gamepads in ios jb device?

[QUOTE=shi;49024]thanks for your reply! i still figuring out how to pair the gamepads with iCade mode in retroarch, the others instructions said once i paired the gamepad with iCade mode, go to “front end” in “setting” to find the options, but there is no that front end option in setting…

and further, can iCade mode recognizes two gamepads in ios jb device?[/QUOTE]

Follow my steps, i will help you.

Open Retroarch - Go to the gear icon (Settings) - Input - Keyboard gamepad Mapping type, select: snes30 8bitdo. Thats it, should be working now.

[QUOTE=Incognit;49036]Follow my steps, i will help you.

Open Retroarch - Go to the gear icon (Settings) - Input - Keyboard gamepad Mapping type, select: snes30 8bitdo. Thats it, should be working now.[/QUOTE]

yes Incognit, i have tried and it works for iCade mode, but how can i set it for 2 players mode? casuse i use both iCade mode for the two gamepads but their reacted buttons are the same set… please help :frowning:

Okey. I have had issue with this settings using 8bitdo controller, but lets see if we can make it to work.

1: Connect both controllers to your iPad 2: Go to Settings (gear icon), input select number of players to 2. 3: Try to map each controller to each player input user. 4: Try 'em out and see if that worked.

It worked?

just left my device in my home and i just tested it… however i mapped player 1&2 with different controller but they directed to the same set of buttons, and tried in game play and confirm they used the same button… cause i can control both players in one controller… so now the issue is:

1. icade mode is working fine in retroarch, but only single player, the second controller used the same set of reactions button with the first one,

2. bt keyboard mode is working fine in IOS (can use it to type words) but could not work in retroarch, i used this mode in another emu app Snes9x and it works perfectly with two controllers, so that must be the setting problem of retroarch,

[QUOTE=shi;49052]just left my device in my home and i just tested it… however i mapped player 1&2 with different controller but they directed to the same set of buttons, and tried in game play and confirm they used the same button… cause i can control both players in one controller… so now the issue is:

1. icade mode is working fine in retroarch, but only single player, the second controller used the same set of reactions button with the first one,

2. bt keyboard mode is working fine in IOS (can use it to type words) but could not work in retroarch, i used this mode in another emu app Snes9x and it works perfectly with two controllers, so that must be the setting problem of retroarch,[/QUOTE]

Well, let me tell you that i can use multiplayer with two controllers but using Steelseries nimbus, this issue happens only with 8bitdo controllers. If you want to play multiplayer with different devices you can use retroarch netplay it only works with SNES9X core. This thing is wireless so need two idevices.

ok thanks my friend, i will wait until there is a solution then,

You welcome, at least you can use that controller to play on retroarch, and yes SNES9X app works perfectly fine with icade to use multiplayer. I really love it.

really!? I also use keyboard mode to map in snes9x as 2 player mode,

but i really want to play metal slug multiplayer in the device but the iMame4all crashed in the device with unknown reason, and the retroarch core did not support mame2014&2015…

OMG i can help with mame4all i have a working Xcode project that you can use. Give me a few hours and i can share it with you.

thanks and you are awesome!

also i figured out something justnow: when i connected the controller with iPad as bt keyboard mode, while i am binding the key and quickly press two buttons, the binding recognize as one of the letter (button) (that is exactly the working method of the button in iCade mode), so may be what i missing now is to set the retroarch to support keyboard, instead of iCade Controller, right? but how…

Theres an option to use keyboard input or something like that. Is inside input settings.

Haha, thanks.

that should call “Keyboard Gamepad Mapping Type”, i saw the others they had another option call “Keyboard Gampad Mapping Enable” but mine don’t…

Im sorry it was enable small keyboard, thought it was another thing could help, but no. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3aq7g3j520zo73/MAME4iOS-master.zip?dl=0 here is it, just write down 6.1 as a deployment target and you are good to go.

thanks but i need to start to learn how to use xcode…:wink:

Okey, so you have installed already? If you do, let me know to show you how to install xcode projects.