I need help! GBC shader

I’m looking forward a shader to make my GBC emulation closer to original GBC screen.

I found this thread: Gb-shader without the crap?

and Monroe88 said to use Retro-v2 Shader to get this result:

He also posted two download links that don’t work anymore.

I tried to use the shaders that came with retroarch, the retro-v2+gbc-color from shaders_cg>cgp but is always fails to apply shader preset.

Inside shaders_slang>Handheld there’s no selectable shader, I can’t select anything inside shaders_slang

It just left to me the Shaders glsl>Handheld and there I found retro_v2.glslp and I got this result:

This is not even close! What am I doing wrong? What I have to do to get the same result as Monroe88 got?

Try the handheld/console-borders shader presets. This is gbc-retro-v2-5x.slangp:

That happened :confused:

Do you have any video filters active? If so, disable it by going to settings > video > video filter and press spacebar or retropad-start to remove it.

I can’t believe that’s it!

When I disable filter, it works! But that’s something strange, I though I hava disabled before and in fact I did, but everytime I close retroarch and open it again, the filter is activated, don’t matter if I have saved the changes or not, why?

Either it’s in your global config and you should remove it without any cores/content loaded and then quit RetroArch to write it to the config file, or it’s in an override file somewhere (would be in config/[corename]/[corename].cfg, I think; you can try moving it somewhere else temporarily to see if that fixes the problem and, if not, just put it right back), or you have disabled the ‘save config on exit’ option and need to save the config manually from the main menu > configuration file > save current configuration.

Thanks! Just a last question (I hope)

Why I get cropped handheld border on bgc x4 onwards?

gbc x3

gbc x4

bgc x5

Shaders can only draw to the game area, so you need to make a bigger area by going to settings > video > scaling and turn integer scaling off to get the full vertical size and then set the aspect ratio to match your monitor’s (presumably 16:9) to fill the horizontal space.

Thanks! :smiley:

Last question (I swear) Off-Topic, is it possible to boot bios with gumbatte?

Yes, if you have a game boy BIOS image, you can enable the ‘use official bootloader’ option.

I have it enabled and I have a BIOS file copy inside the folder where my games are located at, I just didn’t get how to enable it, or how to make retroarch to detect the bios. Please, teach me!

BIOS files need to go in the ‘system’/BIOS directory. You can see where that is currently looking (and/or change it to another location) in settings > directory.