iOS 11 Support (updated with zipfile containing cores)

You need to reinstall it again every 7 days. And before you do that just delete the config file using ifunbox, then reinstall Retroarch using same Apple ID. All your Roms and save data will be there you don’t have to back them up. One thing you have to do it again is configuration.

Highly specific question: how (if possible at this time) can I get a gamevice controller to work with this version of Retroarch? I’ve seen earlier versions of retroarch work flawlessly with gamevice, and none of the configurations I’ve tried on this 64-bit version seems to work (changing input driver type, changing controller type).

I have a gamevice and I’ve gotten the controller to work. There’s something off with the mfi controller detection in iOS 11 or Retroarch, but you’ll notice that the controller gets detected as a player 2 controller initially (the 2nd LED lights up on the gamevice controller).

I’ve had to use port #1 (instead of #0) for player 1 and configure it that way. It’s a workaround until this gets fixed.

1 Like

I know this isn’t really the forum I should be asking this in, but do any of you guys know if there’s an emulator on iOS 11 that actually supports the 8bitdo zero controller, it didn’t work with RetroArch, it wasn’t mapped right and didn’t work that well in Happy Chick and it isn’t mapped correctly in Provenance, It’s also harder because I don’t have any way to get Xcode, my laptop is too weak to run a virtual Mac. I would love it if someone had a prebuilt IPA or link to one that I can use with cydia impactor. Also, I did some testing in RetroArch on my IPhone 6 and the bsnes (mercury) cores didn’t work and the gpsp core didn’t work.

I have submitted a pull request to fix the issue with the mfi controllers showing up as a second controller.

if you want to test it, it is at https://github.com/hevey/RetroArch/

Great thanks, I did see the PR on github. So it looks like it did have to do with switching to 64-bit. I’ll try to test it out when i get a chance.

Thanks again!

no worries. I have only just started looking at Retroarch for iOS but I’d be more than keen to help with development (where I can). Is there anything pressing that needs looking at? didn’t seem like many of the issues on github related to it

1 Like

Nice to see new iPhone developers and thank you! A few issues I’m aware of (some of these are pretty daunting, however) -still a number of cores that don’t build for iOS 64bit (I haven’t checked in a while but meowPC, np2k, px68k, tyrquake, and I think picodrive at least? Try building all cores for iOS 64 and see which ones don’t compile.

-fixing the iOS ports of desmume and Mupen/parallel64 to make sure they can now build for iOS (these have been dead a while). Also, I don’t think there’s ever been a port of beetle hw to iOS.

-px68k does not seem to be able to find the bios in iOS preventing it from running games.

-TyrQuake does not seem to be able to find the music folder (and possibly expansion folders though base game works ok)

-I haven’t tried a new build in roughly 2 months but the Retroarch iOS interface circa 1.6.7 is too reactive to tapping/doesn’t have a cool down when moving from game-> menu. What I mean is that if you have an overlay active in-game with a “Retroarch menu” button, and you click that button, Retroarch will open the menu and then also immediately assume you’ve clicked whatever menu option is underneath your finger when it goes back to the iOS interface. This had led me to many mistaken savestates and screenshots.

I compiled desmume, picodrive and vbam for 64bit.

• For PX68K you need to have bios files in system/keropi/cgrom.dat

iplrom.dat

-Mupen64plus and pcsx_rearmed and icade issue have I believe they common issue which is “Neon”. Because Neon not optimized for 64bit.

If you to try to compile Mupen64plus here the link working for (ios8, and ios9-10)

pcsx_rearmed

try notaz’s suggestion in this issue

That’s great! How are you compiling desmume, picodrive, and VBAM? I can’t get them to build for ios64 using the super-repo.

Also, I still can’t get px68k to work on iOS. The core seems to see the bios files when I check through the Core Info screen, but it won’t actually boot the bios when I load a disk (I just get a black screen).

By the way, is anyone else getting weird behavior on iOS with any of the latest (11/6 or later) RetroArch iOS builds? I can’t seem to load core info files anymore and I’m having trouble saving autoconfigs.

Yes there are few interface issues with the current nightlies effecting all platforms (Windows/Linux/Mac)

1 Like

Hi i’m having a problem with suggested cores with Beetle-PSX, I choose the .BIN file and I don’t see Beetle anywhere? The only one that shows up with Beetle is the .Cue, and the .CUE doesnt show anything but a black screen, Help?

You need the required bios scph5500.bin , scph5501.bin and scph5502.bin , then load cue game file.

Thanks for the help but it still shows a black screen after importing all three of the bios.

Make sure you put those bios files in the RetroArch/system directory

Thanks, it works fine, playable

Is this only working for jailbroken devices?

Anyone else on a jailbroken, ARM, pre-iOS 9.0 running 1.6.9? I updated the PCSX ReARMed core (non-iOS 9) and it triggers a code sign failure (amfid). I reinstalled the core I had from 2016 and it works fine. I’m sure my profile isn’t in the majority of users, but I few devices if you want anything tested.

I tried 1.6.9 from Cydia and pcsx-rearmed core working even after updating the core on iPad 3 running iOS 8.4 . Go to /var/mobile/Document/Retroarch/ and delete two files config and retroarch-core-options.cfg files.