iOS 11 Support (updated with zipfile containing cores)

I tried it again, first boot up it worked fine. After I closed it down and reopened it a second time, amfid crashes, none of my apps will open and ultimately shuts down to a reboot. I don’t know much about crash logs, perhaps someone on here will see one of these processes and have seen it before. I can provide a full log too.

Anyone know why Beetle PSX runs faster with 90 or more battery but slows down with anything below?

Hey, long time lurker, finally signed up :slight_smile:
Managed to install this build on Ios 11.2 using a signer, RA works fine loading roms etc, but i’m trying to get my Gamevice controller to work but I can’t seem to find a way to map the buttons in RA, is it compatible? It doesn’t seem to detect it either Ipad Pro 12.9

I believe Gamevice controller supports mfi. So the version of Retroarch 1.6.8 for ios 11 supports mfi controller.

most of the cores are included in the ipa file just use Cydia impactor to install it.

N64 core: not available

Pcsx_rearmed core: not available

iCade mode: not working

Bluetooth keyboard: not working

MFi mode: supports up to 4 mfi controllers.

Update: I deleted RetroArch 1.6.9 and I uploaded ver. 1.6.8. Because ver. 1.6.9 has issue with virtual gamepad

Thanks :slight_smile: I will give it a go! Not too bothered about the non N64 support, but hopefully PS1 is in the future :slight_smile:

Ok so I managed to get the controller working finally, (thanks to MrSeven_X) but does anyone have an idea how to map controls for the ZX Spectrum emulator? (Fuse) Can’t seem to find in the options where to enable Kempston for the controls, I got this working on my RA on my PI, but can’t get it working on here

For the ZX Spectrum/Fuse core, you should be able to go into Quick Menu -> Controls or Input (i forgot which) and select the Kempston controls. Doing this will let you press the select button to open the ZX Spectrum keyboard overlay.

go into Quick Menu -> Controls>

Thanks guys got it sorted :blush: Only other problem is for some reason each game I load I have to change the control setting again, it won’t let me save the config for specific core, says error

To save config for specific core/game, you need to change the config directory. Go to Settings>directory>config then choose where you want to have save config for specific core/game. You can choose the “saves” folder or create new folder and name it configuration. Don’t name the folder Config, because there is already file called config.

EDIT: This breaks the 32 bit build :frowning: Will keep them separate until I can fix that however it will build to arm64 if you want to grab it from here

Hey Guys, so I thought I saw a compiled version of pcsx_rearmed here however I couldn’t get it to build with libretro_super, anyways I have it building now. Source is here https://github.com/hevey/pcsx_rearmed, I have opened a pull request for this.

Hi hevey, I’ll try to build it using your fork later but can you provide your build instructions? With libretro-super, it should build with:

./libretro-build-ios-arm64.sh pcsx_rearmed

Was the fix just to specofy the BUILTIN_GPU? I thought there was some 32-bit assembly done and thought that was the reason for the build failure on arm64.

If you can look at the mupen64 core and get that to build, that’d be even better :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I have been making the changes to the libretro-super version and building from there. Unsure on how to build outside of this at the moment.
I initially broke the 32bit build however I have this building again but can’t test. I am hoping someone can test both the 32 and 64 bit builds before I open another pull request.

I used the suggested changes notaz suggested in the issue on github

ARCH := arm64
USE_DYNAREC = 0
HAVE_NEON = 0
BUILTIN_GPU = peops

however I also added an arm64 check in part of the assembly code that I believe does the video output.

Yeah happy to take a look at that next

Hi hevey,

I can confirm that your changes to the pcsx_rearmed core does work! I cloned your fork and was able to compile using the libretro-build-ios-arm64.sh script i mentioned earlier, and used the core in RetroArch 1.6.9 and ran Gradius Gaiden.

Good job!

Let me know if you need help making that pull request.

glad to hear it, have you got anyway to test the 32bit build at all?

I initially opened a pull request which got merged but broke the arm build. I have fixed the issue and it again builds but I have no way to test that the build is functional.

I also confirm that pcsx_rearmed works on 64bit iOS 11. Right now you can compile iOS 8 and iOS 11 but error for iOS 9. To fix it change this

from

else ifeq ($(platform),$(filter $(platform),ios9 ios-arm64))

to

else ifeq ($(platform),$(filter $(platform), ios-arm64))

To add pcsx_rearmed_interpreter_libretro_ios.dylib for iOS 9. from ifeq ($(USE_DYNAREC),0)
to ifeq ($(USE_DYNAREC),1)

I tried to fix N64 core but I get error compiling to iOS 8 or iOS 9 without even changing any thing. On my main pc I could compile n64 for iOS 8 or iOS 9 with no problem. Go ahead and try it for iOS 8 and iOS 9. Then make it works on iOS 11.

iOS 8 ./libretro-build-ios.sh

iOS 9 ./libretro-build-ios9.sh

iOS 11 ./libretro-build-ios-arm64.sh

thanks for the great work

ok I have made the changes as suggested thanks @MrSeven_X. @harakari2 I have opened a pull request. I believe I have done it right but can’t say I do many of these on github

It is here anyways if you wanted to run your eye over it https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/pull/146

I use icade controller IiPega) for retroarch 1.6.8 IOS 11 but the app cannot read the controller input.

Would you advise?

Currently icade controllers don’t work on iOS 11. You should open a pull request.

Yo is it possible to rip the iCade iOS11 support from Provenence, (Another open source emulator on github for iOS that has working iCade with a clever solution) @MrSeven_X I think this is the best path to a solution as several forks were made to fix iOS11 controllers for it.