iOS 11 Support (updated with zipfile containing cores)

I thought about it, but I couldn’t make it to work. Most of the emulators have support icade controller for iOS 11, like mame4ios, ppsspp and nds4ios.

Sorry im lazy but just curious is that parallel n64 a working emu for iOS 11 and originally ps1 wasn’t working also… has that now changed?

Well no n64 core for ios 11, but now there are two ps1 working cores. Mednafen PSX and now pcsx_rearmed.

Adding iCade support is certainly doable, but Bluetooth keyboard support (like the iPad Pro) would be more difficult.

The iCade implementation depended on using some private frameworks to read keyboard events but that no longer works in iOS 10? and above.

We’d need to use the new keyboard apis introduced in iOS 10 to respond to iCade input and forward the necessary calls to libretro input api (this won’t work for the regular Bluetooth keyboard input because we need to know when a key is pressed and released). Or we can use a hidden text input field and watch the input there. I wish I had the time to do that as it wouldn’t be that hard to do, I’ll try to pick that up if I can. It’d be nice to get my 8bitdo controller working again.

Regarding N64, I’d love to see support for it again - I’m hoping that we’d be able to compile a core without any dependency on 32-bit arm assembly - I wonder if the core authors can help with that.

I vote for hidden text field with controllers selected from a list of presets (similar to provenance) as for an iPad pro I have one with an LG keyboard (magnetic type) the attachable keyboards have never worked to my knowledge but bluetooth controllers that identify as keyboards (Ex.8bitdo NES30 Pro) do work. I previously made a post citing my button readout as well.

Is there any IPA available with PSX cores? If not, how can I build it?

I added Playstation (PCSX RearMed) to Retroarch 1.6.8 ipa for ios 11. Thanks to @hevey for making this possible, and hopefully he manages to make N64 core working as well. Use Cydia Impactor to install it.

Most of the cores are included in the ipa file just use Cydia impactor to install it.

N64 core: not available

Pcsx_rearmed core: available and FF ix is working too.

iCade mode: not working

Bluetooth keyboard: not working

MFi mode: supports up to 4 mfi controllers.

2 Likes

any updates on n64 cores yet?

Nothing from my end. Will be taking a look at this stuff again after Christmas.

1 Like

Working well. Fixed the problem with MFI controller in Player 2 position.

Is anyone able to build for iOS 10/11 off of the latest data from git? I haven’t been able to build anything since I first tried a few days after the 1.7.0 release. I’m currently getting the following two errors:

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
  "_process_sinc_neon_asm", referenced from:
      _resampler_sinc_process_neon in griffin.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

This is for both 32bit and 64bit.

Used Cydia extender to install worked like a charm the deb files never work every time I install a deb it installs and then nothing no icon on the screen if I go into cydia I can uninstall it. All I did is download the IPA and then run it with cydia extender I’m on 10.0.2

No I have ran into the same issue. As a work around I have just downlaoded the 1.7.0 release source for now.

Anyone know what changed to cause this?

try this

1 Like

Rolling back to that commit got it to compile for me. Thanks MrSeven_X.

By the way, has anyone got the Mednafen_Saturn core working in 64bit iOSt? It worked just fine ( at around 2/3 speed on my 6s) in iOS 10/32bit but it crashes to the home screen on iOS 11/64bit.

Hi, if someone have the time to check, I posted some infos for ARM64 Compilation broken here (for iOS10 and iOS11 compilation) : https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/6070#issuecomment-357590929

One of you will have to help fix this issue, and also help us get a working iOS 11 version again.

@Twinaphex. To fix this issue take the file “RetroArch_iOS10.xcodeproj” from this source https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/tree/v1.7.0/pkg/apple. And put it on the latest build.

@atsumori-neo. I tried to run Mednafen_Saturn, but no luck it crashes. Anyway, this core is slow on many devices like mac and ios.

Can’t wait to see n64 support for the ios11 version sometime soon.