IOS Nightly Testing report

I’ve being testing the Nightly builds for some time now on my iPhone 6. So I would like to report how everything is working for me. Sorry if some of those issues are my mistake (or maybe all of them)

How I’m installing the nightlys 1 -> iFunBox “Classic Mode” -> Cydia App Install -> Drop a nightlys there as a deb file -> Restart iPhone.

Retroarch Nightly 23/05/2015 deb file - Mediafire/ MEGA iOS Shaders from 1.0.0.2 - Mediafire / MEGA

Now to the report:

Good points Since 1.0.0.2 I think overall the speed and stability is really improved. Everything feels smoother and faster. Games loading and the UI. The yellow fonts on the screen are a nice improvement too. The icon and loading screen are a nice touch too :slight_smile:

Bad points

1. Biggest issue right now for me is that I can´t resume when clicking on the small retroarch icon on the overlay. Clicking on the menu big overlay icon is and resume is fine but that is also the second issue. 1-1: https://flic.kr/p/rLvnjg 1-2: https://flic.kr/p/rJdzyU

2. Big overlay icon is out-off place on landscape: https://flic.kr/p/ru47Ce Confirmed by user netux79

3. CORE OPTIONS is also not working. The options are there but there are no toggle or On/Off thing. https://flic.kr/p/qPvRTu Confirmed by user Zero2029

4. Shaders are not working. I can get into the shaders options but when I get to the shaders folder they are empty. The actual files are there but Retroarch can’t read them. Maybe they are in the wrong format. Apparently is a iOS UI problem. On RGUI it seams to be working fine

5. The auto-core selection is missing. User error - Need info files from old Retroarch builds.

6. Fast-Foward is also not working. Confirmed by user netux79

7. Crashing. I get a crashing on VBA NEXT on a couple seconds of playing it. User brujo5 also reports this issue with MAME core 2013

That’s it for now! If anyone have the “info” files could you please provide them? the repo is still down :frowning:

I can respond 2 of your questions:

• The one related to the shaders… They work, you may be trying to use the wrong format, for iOS you should be using the glsl version. I think these are not available in the nightly you may be able to take them from an older version. 1.0…0.2 perhaps)

• The auto core selection (and also the core options) is working but you may be sure you have the info files available for the cores. By default the nightly version doesnt include them. You may want to download them separately and place them in the info folder.

• What I really miss in this version is the option to select the orientation I want to use. I dont like Retroarch’s portrait so I really liked the old option that lock the orientation. Also I miss the close option. I know, in iOS you cannot close the app from inside but I really liked that we can stop the running emulation and start over. Finally I agree with you about the claim that the overlay options are not working. I cannot fastforward for example/ Do’t know why…

Could you please post the .deb file your using when installing. I got one but when i launch retroarch afterwards it just crashes on launch. Dont know why but maby it’s bcz I have a corrup .deb file or something. So if you could please share the .deb file or maby link me to a site which tells me how to make my own :slight_smile: thanks !

On the latest nightly build I still can’t get the core options to work right. Like pralima87 said you can’t toggle on or off anything. I did what netux79 and placed the info files in the info folder that’s created after you install the ipa. There was no info folder in the RetroArch.app folder after I unzipped it. So I used ifunbox and I saw the info folder and placed the files there. But still like I said you can’t toggle anything. All I want to do is play my n64 roms on my non-jailbroken iPhone 6 plus but I can’t change the CPU Core to Cached_Interpreter. It’s so frustrating. Either I’m doing something wrong or it’s just not working. Can someone please help guide me on how to do this right step by step please. Thanx.

Hi…can you guys upload the newest update of nightly RA? I would like to try too

[QUOTE=ShinryuFox;20860]Hi…can you guys upload the newest update of nightly RA? I would like to try too[/QUOTE] btw i see yabause sega saturn emu and 4 DO thr panasonic 3 DO emu,is it run smooth and full speed? Thanks

the new mame core 2013 working perfect on RA stable version but crashes after few seconds on RA 1.1

MAME core 2013 its awesome!, finally i can play the gladiator,demonfront,S.V.G. - Spectral vs Generation y some other System 16 - PGM.

Just updated the main post with some more reports and links to Retroarch 23-03-2015 deb and shaders. Also added some reports from other users.

[QUOTE=netux79;20837]I can respond 2 of your questions:

• The one related to the shaders… They work, you may be trying to use the wrong format, for iOS you should be using the glsl version. I think these are not available in the nightly you may be able to take them from an older version. 1.0…0.2 perhaps)[/QUOTE]

I have the shaders from the old versions but when I open the shader options the folders looks empty like Retroarch can´t read the files. They are in the right format since the used to work fine on 1.0.0.2. So maybe is another problem on my end. But I have the right files.

Oh well maybe you are using the ios gui. Try using rgui and it should work. At the time I really don’t like the ios interface as it’s pretty buggy but can overcome those problems with rgui.

How can I acess the rgui? the small retroarch icon only jumps me back to the iOS GUI.

How do I make the change to rgui?

Please guys test the mame nightly cores, we have had a lot of trouble getting that to build http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/ios/latest/

You get into Settings->Driver Settings->Menu Driver

Change it from ios gui to rgui, restart and you are done. You will be able to edit core options a lot of other stuff.

Regards

[QUOTE=Radius;20894]Please guys test the mame nightly cores, we have had a lot of trouble getting that to build http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/ios/latest/[/QUOTE]

I’ll test it tonight :slight_smile: Them add the report to the main post

[QUOTE=netux79;20910]You get into Settings->Driver Settings->Menu Driver

Change it from ios gui to rgui, restart and you are done. You will be able to edit core options a lot of other stuff.

Regards[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I am sure I’m missing something - trying to get RetroArch onto an iPhone 6+ or Retina Mini, both running 8.2, unjailbroken.

1 - downloaded nightly 2 - added cores to /modules in the .app bundle 3 - converted to ipa, resigned with my own dev account, transferred to devices 4 - copied over psx bios to /Documents/.RetroArch 5 - copied over PSX images (bin/cue and iso) to /Documents 5 - load retroarch

In both the iOS gui and rgui modes, I’m unable to see any files when I ‘load content’. Additionally, selecting a core from core selection reads “(no core)”

I’ve never sucessfully gotten RA working, so I’m probably missing something OR this just doesn’t work on jb devices. Any help?

[QUOTE=Radius;20894]Please guys test the mame nightly cores, we have had a lot of trouble getting that to build http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/ios/latest/[/QUOTE]

The mame_libretro_ios.dylib is crashing for me on load or after load.

The New mame core work perfect on RA 1.0.0.2, in RA 1.1 crash after few seconds due to incompatibility whit the New API.

Use the romset 0.153 (2013).

Need at least an A7 chip for get nearly full speed in 3D games like strider 2, bloody roar 2

Great job on 3DO emulation! Need bios to run the emu…yabause works fine on guardian heroes maybe around 51 fps above but drain battery fast and seems make the device easily heat while charging,i don’t see the core on latest nightly core…please bring saturn emu to join the familly guys :slight_smile: # using retroarch 1.0.0.2 on iphone 6 #

can’t reproduce the ‘crashes’ anymore. on MAME and I suspect other cores will likely work fine now as well

What version are you using? 1.0.0.2 or 1.1?