[iOS] — RetroArch 1.7.8 and other emulators (Download)

my ipad is not jailbroken

ppsspp ipa https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wV-_cIkCbxKO55-alEgqSF-3pzSVHcij/view?usp=drivesdk

ipa from link won’t install. Ipa from michael’s github still not optimized. I guess he needs to edit scripts for ppsspp-build-master.

Tried compile myself and got a bunch of errors like:

– Could NOT find Snappy (missing: SNAPPY_LIBRARIES SNAPPY_INCLUDE_DIR)

– Could NOT find X11 (missing: X11_X11_INCLUDE_PATH X11_X11_LIB)

– Could NOT find SDL2 (missing: SDL2_LIBRARY SDL2_INCLUDE_DIR SDL2_SDLMAIN_LIBRARY)

Hey @Weedy_Weed_Smoker, I’ve been trying to use the bsnes HD core you added but it refuses to show up as a usable core for any SNES games. Is there another file or edit that needs to be made for retroarch to offer it as a usable core? It only lists the bsnes_mercury_accuracy and snes9x cores for snes games. And the iOS port of retroarch seems to have all the functionality where you can override what core is used disabled.

Also @Weedy_Weed_Smoker and @harakari2 what would you say is the future of the iOS builds? Is it the official one, the @harakari2 one, or the @Weedy_Weed_Smoker. Or are all three going to move forward separately? I just was wondering if there’s one thread we should be focusing our feedback into going forward.

@sabin I think you would need to extract the new assets which include new stuff like the new core(s) required info files…

Yeah that’s why I added the build date and size to clarify. :slight_smile:

OK! I just did a full uninstall and reinstall and it’s all good now. I get the bsnes-HD core showing up properly.

What I had done before was an update install (install it on top of itself with Cydia Impactor so I can preserve my config). I guess that doesn’t work for non-jailbroken devices? Oh well, I’ll have to re-do the controller set up every time I reinstall I guess.

I also presume things like the online core updater won’t work on non-jailbroken?

@sabin Glad you got it working! Updating via Cydia Impactor will be smoother if no new cores are added, I guess ?

Online core updater is jailbroken-only on iOS 10 and up, yes…

As for the future of RetroArch on iOS, I have a complete usable set of RetroArch iOS versions and cores that I update regularly, and will continue to do so if necessary… @harakari2 did a great job manually updating the official repos, but the whole process of building and packaging for modern iOS is still done manually (with love :joy: )…

@harakari2 You can put any of my cores on the official repo, BTW… :wink:

1 Like

hey is sameboy 0.9 working for you the video is not working only game audio

using the official retroarch ipa

Hello, I wanna thank you first for bringing new life to my old iPad 4. It is now a game station and I’m having tons of fun. However I’m not able to emulate 32X. As soon as I load a rom it crashes and close RetroArch app. I’m running RetroArch 1.7.8 on a jailbroken iOS 10.3.3. The core is picodrive 1.92. I tried to download some different versions of it but had no success. Unfortunately I can’t post logs 'cause I didn’t find them on the app folder. I would appreciate any help.

1 Like

probably, dynamic recompilers is not disabled by default for picodrive core. To disable it you need to run any sega game other than 32x. Then tap on menu>options> disable dynamic recompilers or choose the other option. I don’t really remember.

2 Likes

Bullseye man. Thank you very much. It really solved the problem.

1 Like

ios6&ios7 verison crash in iphone4s ios6.1.3 :expressionless:

fxxk crash again :expressionless:

I had the same problem. I installed the IPA through funbox. Hoping we can get a DEB file to install.

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker Is your iOS emulators repo empty??? I added it and there are no packages showing.

@YuXaaaa I will try to fix this but I need to change the screen on my iOS 6 device first, I can’t really test iOS 6 before that…

@toughguystudios I just checked and it’s not appearing empty on my end… Can you access my website with Safari on your iOS device?

okkk :expressionless:

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker I get a lot of NetDB Node unknown errors. It ends with “POSIX: Operation timed out” when trying to add the repo. Ultimately what I’ve been trying to determine, is it possible to connect a Bluetooth Mouse to retroarch iOS for the DOSBox core to move the mouse cursor?

I mean, on Safari? Where are you, maybe free.fr is blocked in your area? You can try online.fr instead of free.fr if you want…

(SOLVED) disregard, it installed this time around.

I can access it on Safari, it’s just when I select to add the repo to Cydia, I get those error messages.

Apparently it has something to do with my internet connection but I’ve tried with my home internet and my phone’s internet, same response every time. Could it be my version of Cydia? I’m on ios 8.4.1 (jailbroken with etasonjb) and I’ve tried on my 6.1.3 coolbooter build, same result