[iOS] — RetroArch 1.7.8 and other emulators (Download)

Hi everyone! I’m trying to install it on a non-jailbroken device (iphoneX - ios 13). I could install retroarch, but I’m not able to download any core. It says “core downloaded” but it is not.

Also, I’d like to emulate 3DS on it, would that be possible as well?

@Eddye44 Yeah, you can’t use the core downloader if you’re not jailbroken… You have to include all the signed cores manually inside the “modules” folder inside the ipa, instructions are on my website (the first link in the first post)…

3DS emulation is not ready yet for iOS…

Hi @Weedy_Weed_Smoker! Thanks for putting together these builds and your repo.

It seems the latest builds of RetroArch, PPSSPP, and ScummVM are crashing when opened on iOS 14.3. This has been the case since unc0ver 6.0, but still seems to be the case as of 6.1.1. Is it that these apps need to be rebuilt to be iOS 14 compatible? Or is there some other problem?

@treyturner There is indeed a problem that I couldn’t fix with RetroArch and PPSSPP on Unc0ver, that’s why I was kinda discouraged, thus didn’t update for a long time…

I just updated RetroArch though! But I expect the problem to still be present as I think that’s an Unc0ver problem… Can you try with Taurine jailbreak?

Thanks and sorry for the delay!

EDIT: It seems Taurine has the same problem, so it’s definitely an incompatibility with the exploit they both use, cicuta_verosa by @ModernPwner

1 Like

ios 6 & 7 build does not successfully receive gamepad support once connected through native iOS Bluetooth menu, however ios 8 build does. Just FYI