Is there some sort of "background overlay"?

Ok, I know it doesn’t make any sense but I wonder if it’s possible in Retroarch to set an image as background, so it’s drawn first and then the game canvas and the notifications. It would be really convenient for not worrying about game aspect ratio.

Overlays is the closest thing to bezels that I’ve seen in Retroarch. That’s why I ask this in its forum, but I guess it’s not the most logical place ^_^U

We’re working on getting MAME’s ‘artwork’ working in RetroArch (it’s already been committed, it’s just not enabled yet because it breaks some video drivers; we need to get it enabled just for the ones it doesn’t break). That should cover it, I think.

2 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it :slight_smile:

Why can’t I add any overlays on retroarch 1.7.7.??? I was able to add everything on 1.7.5 and 1.7.6. What happened

May want to make a seperate post for that question for visibility. Seems a bit off topic

1 Like

Sorry for the noob question but, is there any roadmap section where one can consult when the next version will come out, approximately?

Can’t wait to having that backdrop new feature :slight_smile:

Also, is there any newsletter that I could suscribe to, to receive emails when a new version is released?

Thanks a lot beforehand.

We don’t do email blasts or anything, but you should be able to watch the libretro twitter feed or our blog.

Yeah I follow Libretro on Twitter, but I was hoping for some direct notification method only for updates, though I understand you don’t have one :slight_smile:

Thanks as always, Hunterk!

1 Like