Japanese Arcade Cabinet Overlays

I made some Arcade cabinet overlays in the Japanese Vewlix style for Mame. I haven’t seen any like that so I decided to make some. Hope you guys like them. More info in the description of the video.

2 Likes

My horizontal games don’t fit properly in the mame arcade bezels with Windows. There’s a big gap around the games. I use the slider but rather than stretch the screen to fit the shape of the bezel monitor. The screen begins to hide behind the gap. Any way to fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7budAumxjduxhYLC/giphy.gif

I see, you are doing stretching. This is how I converted these Retroarch overlays to MAME:

The trick is that you use GIMP to exactly specify the coordinates within the Bezel, i.e. where the Screen shall start (X and Y position) and how large it then shall be. Be careful that virtually all Screens are 3:4 or 4:3, so keep your aspect ratio exact when defining the screen. From my tests on various PCs, this works, and MAME, contrary to Retroarch, seems to adjust automatically to the resolution.

This little number of already ported Overlays are examples - feedback on them would be highly appreciated:

Hope that helps, cheers, Stefan

1 Like

Here is my take on Burning Force:

Great stuff, thanks again!

2 Likes

I fixed it. Thank you!

Can you post your burnforc post from Arcade Overlays on to this thread? The person of that thread doesn’t want my stuff on his thread.

Please see above ‘add Burning Force’ includes the link to the new zip of Burning Force. If you do not mind, I will give your new bezels the identical treatment, i.e. a choice between Scratch Screen and Clear Screen. With full attribution to you, since they rock for sure!

Thanks! By all means. That’s what I want. If the bezels can be improved that’s for the better. Please give credit to anyone else who contributed as well. I’m a big believer in giving credit to people’s work.