Kempston joystick not working correctly with fuse

i’m having a bit of trouble with fuse on the latest retroarch

Although kempston is selected as input 1 and sinclair keyboard as input 3. If i select a kempston joystick on a game, it’s like i’ve got a sticky key on my windows laptop but i know i haven’t as i’m able to type this. Now, i have an earlier version of retroarch (1.8.3 i think) on my other laptop and it works on there.

anyone else has or had this problem?

Thanks.

Here’s what I found out when experiencing this issue today.

‘I think the issue with z80’s are that they use the joystick that was selected when the snapshot was saved. There is an option in standalone Fuse called ‘snap joystick prompt’. So when loading a z80 it will show a window saying what joystick was used and give an option to select a device to use that joystick type. Not sure if that could be easily implemented into Retroarch ? Maybe force change the joystick when loading z80’s ?’

Hello all,

Tried playing some ZX Spectrum games today, and have exactly the same issue! I remember it working well years ago, but given problems listed on this very forum ever since 2018, it has obviously been a while! Long story short, the games misbehave (characters have mind of their own), controls don’t work not only for Kempston but any of the provided alternatives! Reading other people’s bug reports, it seems to affect Z80 format of games, which is roughly 90% of them in the Speccy world!

Tbh, I cannot believe that a major problem of this sort remains unsolved for five years, is there a solution or a workaround yet?

Anyone working on resolving this newly introduced Fuze Z80 files bug? Any news or advancments?

Thanks in advance.