Libretro PPA for Ubuntu

through the command line, you would do these commands: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libretro/testing sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install libretro* retroarch*

[QUOTE=hunterk;34220]through the command line, you would do these commands: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libretro/testing sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install libretro* retroarch*[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info.

I tried that and ran into the same issue. I got package not found. However tried it on a Linux Mint 17.3 install and it loaded just fine. I’ll have to do more digging. My Linux skill is pitiful compared to my OS X and Windows knowledge.

[QUOTE=kaioshade;34265]Thanks for that info.

I tried that and ran into the same issue. I got package not found. However tried it on a Linux Mint 17.3 install and it loaded just fine. I’ll have to do more digging. My Linux skill is pitiful compared to my OS X and Windows knowledge.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you have Universe and Multiverse repository enabled.

Hello sergio-br2. Tell me please, where is dissapeard Core Updater from RetroArch 1.3.0 in ppa/stable? I remember that in version 1.2.2 there was an option Core Updater.

We disabled the core updater in the Ubuntu packages so it won’t mess with the core packages you can get through the package manager.

Is it possible to package the PCSX ReArmed core for 64 bit?

PCSX-ReARMed only works properly on ARM32. On anything else, you’re better off with mednafen-psx.

hi

just a question, I’ve tried using libretro-picodrive (1.91+r27~ubuntu14.04.1) from the nightly PPA to play genesis games using Retro Achievements, but the core doesn’t seems to work with the achievements. Tried the Core from http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/x86/latest/ and this one works, also the one in the nightly PPA is from (2016-02-21) while the buildbot one is from (2016-05-06) will the PPA one ever get updated?

Are you on the stable or testing PPA? If the stable, yeah, it’ll get updated at some point. If you want a feature before that happens, switch to the testing PPA.

[QUOTE=hunterk;40245]Are you on the stable or testing PPA? If the stable, yeah, it’ll get updated at some point. If you want a feature before that happens, switch to the testing PPA.[/QUOTE]I’m using the testing PPA. Seems the testing PPA’s Picodrive is lagging far behind as it’s upload date is (2016-02-21) and the Stable is (2016-04-19) and the buildbot’s build date is (2016-05-06)

Hmm. Something must be breaking it. Sergio-br2 and/or I will try to look into it.

te_lanus, you are looking at the wrong info in the packaging. The date means nothing, take a look at the version, looking at the commit history in launchpad you’ll be able to have an idea on what github commit the package is built against.

I’m updating picodrive right now.

I updated the testing PPA with Beetle/Mednafen Saturn, Game_Music_Emu and ParaLLEl cores, take a look. It’s up to the users update their graphic drivers such as Mesa for Intel to be able to run ParaLLEl; I didn’t test it.

RetroArch has Vulkan enabled in 16.04 and up.

Good shit, sergio-br2! :slight_smile: I can’t test any of the vulkan stuff, either, unfortunately.

Where are the Raspberry Pi builds please?

You can use all the non GL cores, i.e. Genesis Plus GX, mGBA, Gambatte and others. For RetroArch, mupen64plus and ppsspp you’ll need to build it in your own I guess, since raspberry puts GL stuff in non standard places (/opt)

Sorry i mean the actual base program not the cores?

Like I said, I’m afraid you’ll need to build it yourself. RetroArch needs to be linked against /opt instead /usr/lib for OpenGL/GLES stuff on raspberry, and the PPA doesn’t do this yet.

Also, what raspberry are you using? I remember that rpi 1 is soft float, and PPA builds for hard float.

[QUOTE=sergio-br2;45933]Like I said, I’m afraid you’ll need to build it yourself. RetroArch needs to be linked against /opt instead /usr/lib for OpenGL/GLES stuff on raspberry, and the PPA doesn’t do this yet.

Also, what raspberry are you using? I remember that rpi 1 is soft float, and PPA builds for hard float.[/QUOTE]

Im using a RPi3

OK got an bug with the latest mgba core, when using cheevos=true and username is added to retroarch.cfg the core will segment-fault with gdb I get this error:

cheevos_get_var_value (var=0xacdfbc) at cheevos.c:1125
1125    cheevos.c: No such file or directory.

using 0.4.0-r3002-4c38f76~ubuntu16.04.1_amd64, tried the core from here: https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/x86_64/latest/ and it works.

Another one is snes9x_next (1.52.4+r22~2~ubuntu16.04.1) won’t load :frowning: it’ll start and then exit with:

RetroArch [INFO] :: Config: loading config from: /home/xxx/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg.
RetroArch [INFO] :: Resetting undo buffers.
RetroArch [ERROR] :: RetroArch is built for dynamic libretro cores, but libretro_path is not set. Cannot continue.
RetroArch [ERROR] :: Fatal error received in: "init_libretro_sym()"