Libretro PPA for Ubuntu

For who liked the PPA, I’m accepting donations now :wink:

Bitcoin address: 1KcBt7JTjKyqEwGnPEkKRiyVYgq56bgidT

Litecoin address: LQiJyvviF9hQocGgcJr4SJgZ94RAyTRrj5

It’ll help to maintain the PPA & send the packages to Debian repo eventually

2 Likes

You can find melonDS and Citra (only PC 64-bit) in testing PPA now!

If you want to use the cores from Online Updater, go to Settings --> User Interface --> Views --> Show Core Updater = ON. Remember to change your default core directory to something writable (it’s in the root by default, because the packaging), like ~/.config/retroarch/cores/, see Settings --> Directory --> Core

Before changing that, remember that the cores from testing PPA are updated daily :wink:

1 Like

will cores that on the buildbot lE: nekop2, px68k, cap32, crocods appear on the testing/stable ppa soon?

Hi

I’m running into problems installing Retroarch. I’m using Linux Lite OS 3.2 (Ubuntu distro) 32 bits on this machine: Model: Toshiba Satellite L40-15G

Reference: PSL48E-01T00GPT

Technology/Processor: Mobile Technology Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core 2310, (1.46 GHz), 533 Mhz Front Side Bus, 1 MB level 2 cache, Intel® GL960 chipset

Internal Video Mode: 16.7 million colours, resolution 1280x800

Memory: 512+512 MB DDR2 (667Mhz) RAM, expandable to 3072 MB/4096 MB

Graphics: Adapter Intel® GMA X3100 (up to 256MB shared)

I installed the current stable version as directed and everytime I try to run the menu window appears and freezes immediately. When I put fullscreen window it goes all black and can’t close no matter what I do…it just stays open. It doesn’t freezes the OS but only way to close the tab/window is to restart.

I also have MAME, MESS and PCSX installed that appear to work fine with some ROMS. I am new to linux and to emulation world and I would like to use Retroarch for simplicity (combining everything in one place) but I can’t get it to work!

Any help would be appreciated Thank you

Open your config file, it’s located in home/your-user/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

Change this:

menu_driver = “xmb”

To this:

menu_driver = “rgui”

It may be an issue with your graphic card. If that doesn’t work, change log_verbosity in the config file to true and open retroarch in a terminal, post here the result

@te_lanus, I’ll try add them this week

Hello

I changed the menu driver to “rgui” it goes all black. When using “xmb” the RA menu appears and freezes if I change window to fullscreen it goes all black.

Here’s the result :

linuxlite@linuxlite-Satellite-L40:~$ retroarch RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. RetroArch [INFO] :: Version of libretro API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Compiled against API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: [Audio]: Set audio input rate to: 29970.03 Hz. RetroArch [INFO] :: [Video]: Video @ 960x720 RetroArch [ERROR] :: [Wayland]: Failed to connect to Wayland server. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: GLX_OML_sync_control and GLX_MESA_swap_control supported, using better swap control method… RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Found GL context: x RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Detecting screen resolution 1280x800. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: X = 0, Y = 0, W = 960, H = 720. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: Found swap function: glXSwapIntervalMESA. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: glXSwapInterval(1) RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center, Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel® 965GM x86/MMX/SSE2. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Version: 2.1 Mesa 12.0.6. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Using resolution 960x720 RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Default shader backend found: glsl. RetroArch [INFO] :: [Shader driver]: Using GLSL shader backend. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Checking GLSL shader support … RetroArch [WARN] :: [GL]: Stock GLSL shaders will be used. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL vertex shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Found GLSL fragment shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLSL]: Linking GLSL program. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Using 4 textures. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Loaded 1 program(s). RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Using GL_RGB565 for texture uploads. RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Plugged pad: SHANWAN Android Gamepad (8380:21760) on port #0. RetroArch [INFO] :: [Autoconf]: 0 profiles found. RetroArch [INFO] :: [Autoconf]: no profiles found for SHANWAN Android Gamepad (8380/21760). RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Pad #0 (/dev/input/event11) supports force feedback. RetroArch [INFO] :: [udev]: Pad #0 (/dev/input/event11) supports 16 force feedback effects. RetroArch [INFO] :: [Joypad]: Found joypad driver: “udev”. RetroArch [INFO] :: [Font]: Using font rendering backend: freetype. RetroArch [INFO] :: [DBus]: Suspended screensaver via DBus. RetroArch [INFO] :: [PulseAudio]: Requested 24576 bytes buffer, got 18432. RetroArch [INFO] :: SRAM will not be saved. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading history file: [/home/linuxlite/.config/retroarch/content_history.lpl]. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading history file: [/home/linuxlite/.config/retroarch/content_music_history.lpl]. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading history file: [/home/linuxlite/.config/retroarch/content_video_history.lpl]. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading history file: [/home/linuxlite/.config/retroarch/content_image_history.lpl]. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: VSync => on RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: glXSwapInterval(1) RetroArch [INFO] :: [PulseAudio]: Unpausing. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: VSync => on RetroArch [INFO] :: [GLX]: glXSwapInterval(1) RetroArch [INFO] :: [PulseAudio]: Pausing.

Hope you can help Thanks

Is this it?

" [Video]: Video @ 960x720 RetroArch [ERROR] "

Don’t know what to do

There’s no much info that helps in that log… Try another Ubuntu version I guess, like 14.04 or 17.04 (this Lite OS 3.2 is 16.04 based right?). Lubuntu is probably the best bet for your hardware. You can burn it in a USB drive before installing it (using unetbootin), and test retroarch there.

Do you think it’s OS related? I have MAME, MESS and PCSX installed and they work (some roms and .iso don’t but the progam does).

RA I can’t do anything?

I don’t want to change OS just to find out the same problem remains.

I have no idea, like I said, test Lubuntu in a USB stick first.

NP2kai, PX68K and CrocoDS added in the Testing PPA, @te_lanus take a look

Edit: Added xrick, Atari800 and PocketCDG

Still missing cores?

@sergio-br2 Thanx :smiley:

FreeJ2ME added there

I was going to add higan, but it’s failing to build

1 Like

The only ones I can see is the following

• chailove,
  • emux_*(all of them),
  • easyrpg,
  • redream,
  • puae,
  • uzem,
  • vice_x128,
  • vice_xvic,
  • vice_xplus4

Compared the latest x68_64 on the buildbot with the one in synaptic package manager, might have missed one or two.

*EDIT: updated and reformatted the report

Please can you put redream on this PPA?

Is there an ETA for adding libretro-p68k to the PPA?

The p68k is on the testing ppa: https://launchpad.net/~libretro/+archive/ubuntu/testing/+sourcepub/8695919/+listing-archive-extra

@sergio-br2 any idea why the ppa stopped compiling? the last update I can see comes was done on the 3rd Jan.

The Launchpad build farm is disabled for maintenance

I any idea of the cores I linked above will be added to the ppa?