Libretro PPA for Ubuntu

will the new FreeIntv be added to the PPA? @sergio-br2

Eventually Iā€™ll include more Coresā€¦ sorry for the inconvenience.

Could someone do a TODO list with the missing cores? Have in mind that a few Cores may be failing in the build (like Citra, youā€™ll not see it in 18.04 for now)

The only ones I can see is the following missing on the ppa thatā€™s on the buildbot

• chailove,
  • emux_*(all of them),
  • easyrpg,
  • redream,
  • puae,
  • uzem,
  • freeintv
  • mesen
  • cap32
  • gearboy
  • gearsystem

And higan (but last update you gave it was failing for you)

EDIT: seems the vice package is not working 100%. when running the plus4 (or the x128 & the xvic) it crashes with ā€œundefined symbol: c64model_setā€, the buildbotā€™s cores work as expected

1 Like

Updating the Stable PPA. Youā€™ll notice the wrong number in the package, but itā€™s the new 1.7.2 release (I canā€™t bump the package right now, sorry)

mGBA is 0.6.3 actually (but itā€™s showing 0.6.1, I need to update the patch later), PPA is using 0.6 branch from upstream

I sent a report to the PPA admins, but Iā€™ll report it here as well: It seems the testing/nightly PPA hasnā€™t updated with new builds since May 7. Is this a known issue?

Iā€™m still getting email notifications for build failures, so it seems like thereā€™s still activity. Dunno why no updates are making it out, thoughā€¦

Is anyone looking into this issue? The stable PPA doesnā€™t work as it should either. The latest RetroArch build in the stable PPA is from the 25th (and marked as 1.7.1) when 1.7.3 was released ten days ago.

When viewing the build script for RetroArch on Launchpad, itā€™s clear that the build fails: https://code.launchpad.net/~libretro/+recipe/retroarch-daily-git

Hereā€™s the latest build log showing the issue: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/370101229/buildlog.txt.gz

Iā€™ll try take a look today, kinda busy here

2 Likes

hey man, no problem. Thanks for all of your work on them :slight_smile:

Thanks for updating! Although it seems the QT interface is not included?

Working fine now, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I forgot this Qt thing :frowning:

Iā€™m enabling it on Testing PPA

@sergio-br2 any update on this? Libretro PPA for Ubuntu (for the testing ppa) and will the new reicast-oit be added to the testing-ppa

No, sorry. Iā€™m out of time :confused:

I wanted to say a big thanks to the people who care about the PPA. You make things a lot easier for Ubuntu by providing precompiled and packaged versions of Retroarch!

Hello.

Where can I request a core to be added to the PPA? Specifically, I would like to know if the following could be added:

• Cannonball
  • MAME 2003-Plus
1 Like

Ubuntu 18.04 installed according to the instruction and have this on the launch:

What is going on? Only one unreadable menu.

Itā€™s missing assets. Normally I would suggest you fetch them from the online updater, but seeing as you have a bunch of question marks (I assume for non-English characters?), thatā€™s going to be difficult. So, locate where the package installed (I think itā€™s /usr/share/libretro/assets, maybe?) and then open your retroarch.cfg in a text editor and change assets_directory to that location.

1 Like

Can I install RetroArch without installing any cores, and then install my cores throught the Online Updater? Kinda confused how much memory will it take if I install all the existing cores.

Sure can. It takes a couple of GB, IIRC, but using the online updater to just get the ones you want is the better way to do it.

1 Like