Mame 2010 & 2014 cores

What happened to these cores on android,the windows version has these?

If something is wrong(please list what you know of) with them I am willing to try to fix it now that the multiple button press bug is fixed.

I also noticed they havent been updated for 6 months.

I’m curious too, especially since the 2010 core is in an outside emulator that works very well.

1 Like

By outside emulator do you mean on PC or mame4droid(the red version).

Mame4droid (the red version). It uses the 2010 139u1 libretro core.

1 Like

Quoting from another thread.[QUOTE=Radius;34130]2010 never built successfully for android.2014 is not building atm not sure why[/QUOTE]Hope someone finds a solution like with the simultaneous buttons bug. Maybe the hero diablodiab can do it XD

1 Like

[QUOTE=guicrith;38075]What happened to these cores on android,the windows version has these?

If something is wrong(please list what you know of) with them I am willing to try to fix it now that the multiple button press bug is fixed.

I also noticed they havent been updated for 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Hi, so have you had any lucky trying to fix it?

Would love to see the MAME 2014 come back since it is closer to the Current MAME Build and would have more Roms to run.

I think the Arcade (MAME) or mame git is MAME 2015 so it runs a lot more roms too but it is slow on many devices.

Would there be a way to Compile it to test it out on a GPD XD or Nvidia Shield Portable? Should work Flawlessly on a Shield Android TV

Link please. Are you talking about the 0.139 MAME or the RA MAME 2014?

Oh OK. So that one is just the current Updated one? AWESOME!!! Will check it out when I am finished transferring everything back onto my MicroSD. Had to Format to FAT32 since RA wont work with exFAT now

GPD XD. It seems this Device has a mind of it’s own at times. LOL

I tried the 2010 MAME core from an early Android build and it works, though performance is no better than Mame4Droid. I was hoping for a 2010 core that took advantage of the quad core to run Taito F3 and some SEGA scaling games better (though Outrun is fine with speed hack) since the latest MAME is slow on my device. F3 still runs slow in the older 0.78 core, though.

0.170 and includes the MESS core built in :slight_smile:

Yeah, the Actual MAME4Droid works better because of the Speed Hacks for CPS3 and if needed for other Roms. Just wish they would Update it for a more Current Build and Update the UniBIOS so Users can run the 3.1 or if they have it the 3.2 UniBIOS.

Could you share that MAME core? Where exactly did you download it?

Taito F3 being too slow is why I wanted to get a different version of mame.(Space Invaders 95 Attack of the lunar loonies)

I have made progress.(Its not done but it(mame2014) is compiling while I wrote this)

F3 can be fixed though it would be alot of work.(Replacing for loops,ifs and ors(if less than 8bpp) in the sprite rendering routine with transparent bitmaps and GPU rendering)

Currently it is most likely using if(!spritepixeltransparent)framebufferpixel[spritex + spritey * screenwidth] = spritepixel;

here is the core that I downloaded from the buildbot on libretro.com. I noticed some odd resolutions on some games, though.

Thanks a lot it works! MAME 2010 works a lot better than MAME 2015 on my device, so anyone knows why MAME 2010 is not building if the core works great in the newest retroarch?

Btw If you want better performance on the MAME 2010 retroarch core you can enable the frameskip option using F8 and F9 using the qwerty keyboard overlay on android. I think that option would be great addition to the MAME core options: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1580