Mame 2010/2014?

Guys, I have retroarch setup on my HTPC running via Kodi. Everything is setup and running perfectly apart from one thing…MAME!

My version is showing as 2003 (0.78) and I can’t find romsets that old anywhere! I keep seeing mentions of 2010 & 2014 mame cores for retroarch but have no idea where to find them!??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Andy

Latest ones are there: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/win-x86_64/latest/ mame_libretro.dll is the newest from 2015.

There’s a utility, CLRMAME or something like that, which can take any full romset and turn it into any older romset.

Thanks a lot guys.

Will the latest cores work in any version of RetroArch?

For the most part. They might be missing some features with older RAs, but they should at least launch games and whatnot.

Thanks hunter, much appreciated :wink:

I’m still having problems. I installed the latest mame core (via link above), the roms load ok but run with very stuttery audio and quite slow? I just don’t know how to get this thing running, I have SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo, CPS1 & 2, NES and PC Engine all running perfectly!

I’m running the stable version of RA on Win7.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Andy

It’s the most cpu intensive version. You can try without GPU Hard sync if you have it ON, or with Gpu Hard Sync frame at 1 instead of 0.

If your cpu is really too weak you’ll have to use and older core like the 2010 version.

Its a new build with an AMD A6-7400K APU 3.5Ghz and 4gb RAM. Should be able to cope easily I’d have thought?

Is mame2010 just for 64-bit OS’s?

Some stuff is really hard on performance though:

-Hard GPU Sync at 0 frame -Heavy shader (like CRT Royale) -Rewind option …

I’m going to set it up on my gaming pc which has a GTX970 and see if I can figure out whats going on.

Can you telk me which romsets work with each mame version?

Think i’m giving this up as a bad job, I can’t find roms for mame78…can’t find them for mame2010…and the latest mame core won’t run properly! Doing my head in!

I can run most games full speed in the MAME 2015 nightly on my i5 2500k 3.3ghz GTX 570 machine with both Royale and Hard Sync frames 1. Some STV based and newer Cave games crackle a little. Changing my Windows power plan from Balanced to High Performance helps.

mame2010 is the same as v0.139, so you should be able to find those romsets around (it’s the same set used by most of the mobile MAME ports). If you use clrmame, you can turn any full set into any older full set as long as you get the DAT for it.

Which romset are you using Awakened?

I was going to post a video tonight and then found this guys vid on youtube that shows exactly what is happening on my setup (His is on a mobile phone!)

My setup is:

CPU: AMD A6 7400k APU (Radeon R5 Graphics (4 Core) & 3.5Ghz (Dual Core) RAM: 4gb DDR3 SSD: Kingston 120gb OS: Win 7 32bit

Anyone have any ideas as this is really frustrating me! People run MAME on there mobile phones flawlessly, I’m sure my brand new PC should be able to run it!!??

Is the Win 86_64 folder in downloads all 64-bit stuff? I can’t see MAME2010 in the Win 86 folder?

0.158. Many ROMs from older sets will still work with the latest core though.

Thanks.

I’ve installed the latest mame from the nightlys, also the redists into my stable RA folder and loaded a couple of 0.144 roms (1941 & Alien Storm)…They both loaded with the stuttering problem…so I tried turning off some settings… When I turned of ‘Window Compositing’ they seemed to run fine, even with a crt shader???..However, each time I add a new rom I have the problem until I mess with settings…strange!

Also, how do you remove/clear shaders? All I can seem to do is choose a different one?