So i set up cdi some time ago. Went through the trouble of getting controls working in such a way that I can navigate the cdi menu, and play.
I returned to it today and found I was unable to control anything. I checked the cfg files and for some unbeknownst reason they were blanked out. I couldnt remember how the heck I had set everything up, but more importantly I couldnt get into the cdi menu settings to fix it anyhow.
Fortunately I had backed this stuff up elsewhere, so I pulled my config files over - restarted the core - and to my surprise, still had no controls.
When I looked at the cfg files this time, they werent blanked out, but modified by the core. It does this upon loading content no matter what I do.
it seems like its simply no longer recognizing the controller properly. I’m unsure if this is a mame issue or a RA issue