Mednefan Sega Saturn core - laggy with choppy and staticky audio

I just set up the Mednefan core to run Sega Saturn because Yabause was giving me choppy audio and was laggy, and I’m now having the exact same problems with Mednefan.

I’m running Windows 10, an i7 4790, GTX 1050 video card and 8GB ram with nothing else running on the computer so my computer specs are definitely up to par.

I’ve tried turning threaded video on, tried vsync off and on, tried hard gpu 0 and 1, and don’t know what other settings to try or what else to do.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to try to use Retroarch instead of SSF (which does a great job but requires mounting of the discs) as I’m trying to use Retroarch for as many of my systems as possible to make it easier to map controls and keep track of everything.

Thanks,

–J

Try Settings->Audio->Audio Latency to 128ms.
Perhaps you need Settings->User Interface->Show Advanced Settings enabled first.

Try without any kind of dual screen setup activated in your video card panel.
GPU on Max perf mode if you’re using some complex shaders such as crt-royale.

Thank you very much!

Can’t figure out how to make a new post here but I’m having a similar issue. Tried numerous cores for SNES and Genesis and they are all laggy with stuttering audio. Trying various setting related to audio sync, vsync, etc. Tried running my geforce MX150 instead of the integrated intel and that didn’t help at all.