Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

i also was thinking to play around wth a really large masked bezel to obtain this as a fake effect ^^

I have used this method, by reducing the opacity of parts of an overlay. It works quite well.

1 Like

That looks like a great shader. Not the bezel itself but rather the shader of the game area. What new version is this?

1 Like

Hi there. I’m just curious. Does this mean you can play Mame core Retroarch with a lightgun? Everyone I asked for help says to use mame standalone for lightguns as it is easier to setup. But I’d like to use RA for mame lightgun as well but again, it is supposed to be notoriously difficult to setup. Any chance you could point me in the right direction or provide me a quick bullet point checklist of things to do in RA and/or elsewhere? I got the AE Lightgun so using the gun itself isn’t too difficult. Thanks.

This is the latest version of Mega Bezel. It looks awesome. This is mega drive GX core

1 Like

Hey I just got confirmation that the Mega Bezel is now working on Mac using Vulkan / Metal in the Retroarch Nightlies, thanks to the work of developer Warmenhoven! :partying_face:

Thanks Warmenhoven, you ROCK!!! :star_struck:

Thanks GumbyX for thee snapshot! :smile:

9 Likes

Those are @RetroGames4K’s personal CRT Shader settings aka CRT Shader Preset.

1 Like

yeah it works with the mame cores all i had to do is to copy a cfg file from the sinden software .zip
inside retroarchs mame folder, then i double checked if the settings are like it should by going in the mame menu itself i (set a key for end game inside the tab menu under general controls ) under general settings , lightgun device should be set to mouse ! didn´t even try to set it to lightun

then in the core itself you set the lighgun mode to lightgun not touchscreen

i heard the same stuff and was quite afraid , and than i was quite suprised that i get it working with everything under an hour

here a small list of what cores are working with the lightgun (at least all i use myself)

dolphin, duckstation, final burn neo, flycast, genesis plus gx (also works with mastersystem light phaser games), mame, mednafen saturn, mesen, snes 9x

c64 and amiga aswell as the atari cores seems to have no support for such things atm

also some “gun games” that don´t use a real light gun you can setup for a lightgun with fbneo jurassic park and alien 3 the gun are some of them

3 Likes

Were there gun games on Atari? I can’t remember, but the only one I had was 2600.

not many but there are some

Atari 2600 Sentinel, Shooting Arcade (unreleased), Bobby needs Food (homebrew)

Atari 7800 Alien Brigade, Barnyard Blast, Crossbow, Meltdown, Sentinel

2 Likes

hello person, I installed the mega bezel on my RA and everything worked ok, so I put the duimon package, to customize my cores even more, but some of them like PS1, GC, ATARI7800 and others, just give an error, and it is not applied the parameter, can anyone tell me what it could be? the error says there was a failure applying a shader preset

I read there were some problems with Duimon’s and he was going to re-upload it.

1 Like

Please get us a log and then we can see what is going on.

There are instructions in the Mega Bezel Readme about how to get a log.

There were some big issues with the package the last couple of days. It has been updated so please try it again. I would recommend deleting what you downloaded and start over.

They were primarily path errors on my part.

2 Likes

i also can confirm that with the mame core you can setup lucky and wild to play it with a steering wheel and a lightgun in combination just like the real deal ^^

3 Likes

I downloaded it today, but I’ll do it again, thank you very much and your work is excellent, one of the most beautiful overlays and shaders in RA

edit: i test the new version and this work, thx so much bro, you job is amazing

3 Likes

Here more examples For the mega drive.

7 Likes

This sounds pretty of ambiguous. I would like to get it on record that the issue was with my presets not the shader.

Hopefully @HalterX’s success means things are looking up with my new presets.

3 Likes

Hey man that’s awesome. So since my lightgun, the AE Lightgun, is plug and play/USB powered and doesn’t come with any additional software, it follows that I don’t have a cfg file I could copy into RA’s mame directory. What’s your take on this? Should I create a cfg file myself, somehow? Or could it work without such a cfg file for this particular lightgun?

Thanks, and by the way I’m kinda derailing the thread a wee bit so I’m happy to converse with P3ST via PM’s.

3 Likes

I love the Earthworm Jim Joypad :rofl:

8 Likes