Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Here scanlines gamma is at 1.75. it looks like my crt. :smiley:. Thanks for your help😃

2 Likes

From the interwebs…

Nice SharkaBytes video showing TheNamec’s cyberpunk Amiga and some groovy Amiga demoscene content

Fun video OTG Gaming did on using shaders in Retroarch, with some really nice things to say about the Mega Bezel, Duimon’s and Soqueroeu’s packages near the end. Thanks OTG Gaming :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Very cool stuff with HSM now working with modern games. I want to give this a shot with the FF Pixel Remasters to see how it looks as Reshade just can’t do the job.

Does anyone have a good configuration for MvC2 on Dreamcast to make it look great in 240p with even scanlines? I’ve tried some of the DREZ presets but nothing looks as good as using an actual downscaler on real hardware.

Lastly, I’ve been making 4k bezels for arcade games and just wanted to share for those who are interested now that Duimon helped with the parameters.

4 Likes

Wow, I commented on this once, but at that date it was not possible, this Feature is wonderful, it will allow us to make adjustments to thousands of PC classics, I will test it as soon as possible with old PC Games like Age of Empires II, Transport Giant, Imperialism 2, Warlords Battlecry 3 and many others…

1 Like

Have you tried these?

Note the above examples use the 1080p_Optimized versions of those presets. Feel free to try the ones that match your screen resolution.

Also, have you tried lowering the Internal Resolution to 320 x 240? That will mess up your High-Res elements though.

1 Like

The creator of WGC @IHQMD has come to our little corner of the internet :smile: and created a thread for discussing WGC!

WGC (Windows Graphics Capture) core; Official release thread

11 Likes

I still working on it, brightness and gamma is my struggling. But I think I’m going in the good direction…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

i finally got some time to look into the WGC core and recorded some gameplay of sonic mania video is uploading

3 Likes

This is such a nice bezel/overlay I spent an hour figuring out how to get my .HDF workbench from WinUAE working in Retroarch just to experience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, @TheNamec has made some amazing stuff! The cyberpunk one is so imaginative and SciFi looking.

And Wide Screen!

For anyone interested in these @TheNamec’s packs and thread can be found here:

Commodore & Amiga systems and PVMs:

4 Likes

Brightness is popping out a last. This is what I was looking for.:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

4 Likes

genesis flashbacks incoming

without any filter from the game itself and in 640x480 that is now my preferred way to play sonic mania . :star_struck:

2 Likes

Wow this stuff using WindowCast just keeps getting better, I’ve been dreaming for a way to play AM2R with shaders for a while :star_struck:

Thanks @IHQMD for WindowCast and @p3st for these great shots!

5 Likes

It´s just amazing …so far everything i tested worked… this opens so many more ways to use your shader in combination with this core. :slightly_smiling_face: other emulators,modern releases,other mediaplayer…etc.

i wished for this but never thought this will be a thing not many limits to break at this point i would say :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Official release thread for WindowCast core

this just has to be the new “reshade” for pixelart/retro games hopefully this spreads like wildfire :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Hi, my Dreamcast, when it’s at 50hz scanlines looks like this:

And when it’s at 60hz like this:

Of course interlaced. Is there a way to make it automatic in mega bezel? I’m making a setting for the Dreamcast. In my setting looks flat:

What exactly is the difference/problem you are seeing?

1 Like

If I put fake scanlines looks like 50hz, but doesn’t change when I play 60hz, keeps the same pattern has 50hz.

1 Like