Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

This is such a nice bezel/overlay I spent an hour figuring out how to get my .HDF workbench from WinUAE working in Retroarch just to experience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, @TheNamec has made some amazing stuff! The cyberpunk one is so imaginative and SciFi looking.

And Wide Screen!

For anyone interested in these @TheNamec’s packs and thread can be found here:

Commodore & Amiga systems and PVMs:

4 Likes

Brightness is popping out a last. This is what I was looking for.:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

4 Likes

genesis flashbacks incoming

without any filter from the game itself and in 640x480 that is now my preferred way to play sonic mania . :star_struck:

2 Likes

Wow this stuff using WindowCast just keeps getting better, I’ve been dreaming for a way to play AM2R with shaders for a while :star_struck:

Thanks @IHQMD for WindowCast and @p3st for these great shots!

5 Likes

It´s just amazing …so far everything i tested worked… this opens so many more ways to use your shader in combination with this core. :slightly_smiling_face: other emulators,modern releases,other mediaplayer…etc.

i wished for this but never thought this will be a thing not many limits to break at this point i would say :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Official release thread for WindowCast core

this just has to be the new “reshade” for pixelart/retro games hopefully this spreads like wildfire :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Hi, my Dreamcast, when it’s at 50hz scanlines looks like this:

And when it’s at 60hz like this:

Of course interlaced. Is there a way to make it automatic in mega bezel? I’m making a setting for the Dreamcast. In my setting looks flat:

What exactly is the difference/problem you are seeing?

1 Like

If I put fake scanlines looks like 50hz, but doesn’t change when I play 60hz, keeps the same pattern has 50hz.

1 Like

What resolution are you sending to the crt?

1 Like

It’s real hardware and is by scart RGB.

2 Likes

Whether you see scanline gaps or not has nothing to do with the refresh rate of your display or console. It depends on the output resolution at the time of the console and particular game.

I don’t know too much about Dreamcast but if you hooked it up to a VGA PC monitor and had it set to 640 x 480 you probably wouldn’t see large scanline gaps as well like you do with older generation consoles.

Likewise if the Dreamcast is outputting 640 x 480 interlaced to a regular TV, you probably won’t see large scanline gaps as well.

The only time you would see them like in your CRT photos is if the console is currently outputting a 240p signal.

So you might need to adjust the Internal Resolution in your emulator core to 320 x 240. The thing is though, if you do that, it wouldn’t automatically switch to 640 x 480 for high res games.

1 Like

I tried taking off fale scanlines, and leave auto scanlines, but looks too light, almost cant apreciate scanlines…

1 Like

I’m really confused, I thought you were asking about the image being generated by retroarch then shown on the crt.

The thickness difference of the scanlines is probably as Cyber says related to the resolution, E.G. 240p vs 480p. If you are wanting the thicker scanlines over upscaling content then you will want to set an explicit fake scanline res maybe to 240 for thicker scanlines

2 Likes

When I play, I can see interlaced scanlines, but only I can see the scanlines in the screenshot. But if I do the same on mega bezel, it doesn’t interlace at all.

2 Likes

If you want Interlacing, then you probably need to make sure the core is outputting native res, and change the Interlacing settings, by default the interface settings in the Mega Bezel are set to 4 which will not show Interlacing

Also Interlacing as you are thinking of it will not appear if you are using a SMOOTH-ADV preset

1 Like

What I mean is, fake scanlines doesn’t interlace like the real hardware does, I like the strong fake scanlines, doesnt matter what number of interlace I choose. Keeps straight.

1 Like