Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

I just tried the new version and the intro logo is still flipped for the PCSX2 core.

1 Like

Are you using the vertical flip?

Can you post some images so I can see what you are seeing?

If I use Flip Viewport Vertical only, the game image is upside down ; if I use Flip Core Image Vertical only, the game image is upside down ; if I use both, the game image is normal, it is the same as disabling them both. And in any case, the Mega Bezel logo is upside down.

I have another question : are the presets “MBZ_1_Advanced.slangp” from the “Presets” folder, and “MBZ_1_Advanced_GUEST-DrVenom.slangp” from the “Base_CRT_Preset” folder identical ?

1 Like

I believe you may be off by one index my friend. Right now they are unaffected when in normal blending mode not add. :grin: (My bad, I should have caught that in the alpha.)

In a way yes if you look inside MBZ_1_Advanced.slangp you will see a #reference line which references MBZ_1_Advanced_GUEST-DrVenom.slangp. So you will get the same result from each of these.

Yeah I just looked, and it currently checks if it is in add mode then only applies the night lighting if it is, which is the opposite of what we need. I’ll put up a new version with a fix very soon.

2 Likes

So I just tried Duimon’s PS2 preset from the “Standard” folder and I had to enable “Flip Viewport Vertical” for the background picture and now the Mega Bezel logo is not flipped ! So I guess my problem is fixed ! :smiley:

1 Like

Mega Bezel is updated to V 0.9.05 2020-04-12

Changes:

• Fixed Where nightlighting was not being applied properly
6 Likes

HyperspaceMadness I know it is the work of many people but I must thank them, yesterday I discovered the reflection and it is incredible, I do not know how to be grateful that it is another world to play like this, it is spectacular.

Keep up the good work, a spectacular job and a spectacular contribution to the world of retro :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley:

Excuse my English, I’m going with a translator.

6 Likes

Hi @HyperspaceMadness.

Really like the new update.

Unfortunately I need some assistance on tweaking it. In my attempts I came across multiple options, and I am not quite sure which one is proper-one

Could you please have a look at this pic and give some hints?

I am using MBZ__2__STANDARD as a starting point

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Here are what I think you are looking for:

1. [ FRAME ]______ / Opacity
  2. [ BEZEL ]______ / Width
  3. [ REFLECTION ]______ / Global Amount
  4. [ BEZEL ]______ / Outer Corner Radius Scale
  5. [ BEZEL ]______ / Height
2 Likes

Many thanks for the info. Everything worked, apart from 5 point. After removing Frame (opacity - 0.00) I need to increase default screen size to occupy the original size (but without frame). Seems like this is controlled via [SCALING] - Non Integer Scale

Is it the correct item?

2 Likes

Hello All,

I’m new here and recently decided to give emulation another look. These shaders look very nice, so I decided to give them a go. Alas, the fun and games of figuring all of this out decided to kick in and I have an issue I hope someone can give me a steer on.

I followed the instructions, driver is set to Vulkan, aspect ratio is 16:9 for my 16:9, 1080p monitor. Downloaded the files and threw them into the slang shaders folders.

The issue is that I can only load the Basic Shader Preset and any of the other presets (with all of the fancy settings) give me a “Failed to Load Shader Preset” error.

I’m on PC, with a GTX 1070 in the rig. Any idea why I’m getting the failed to load error and what I can do about it?

2 Likes

Yeah if you want the screen to actually be bigger yes this is the one

1 Like

Can you take a look in the readme in the Mega_Bezel folder and follow the instructions to turn your log on, then you can post your log here so we can see why it’s not loading.

Also just to be sure, can you also take a screenshot of your windows explorer tree/path so I can validate that stuff is in the right place?

And welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. Here are the error messages from the log, let me know if you need more from the log to help:

[ERROR] Failed to open shader file: "C:\Emulation\Front Ends\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders\shaders_slang\include\compat_macros.inc".
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to compile shader: "C:\Emulation\Front Ends\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-linearize-crt.slang".
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create preset: "C:\Emulation\Front Ends\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\Presets\MBZ__1__ADVANCED.slangp".
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create filter chain: "C:\Emulation\Front Ends\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\Presets\MBZ__1__ADVANCED.slangp". Falling back to stock.
[ERROR] Failed to open shader file: "C:\Emulation\Front Ends\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders\shaders_slang\include\compat_macros.inc".

No doubt I’ve done something stupid…been battling with RetroArch config issues the last while…all part of learning this stuff I guess! I tried to update RA for the first time for these shaders and didn’t go very smoothly.

Thanks again and appreciate the welcome!

3 Likes

Thanks for the log, this helps me know what’s going on :slight_smile:

this line tells me you put the shaders folder INSIDE the shaders folder. Basically the folder structure in the zip is a mirror of what your shaders folder is from the root, so if instead of pasting the shaders folder inside the existing shaders folder you can paste it in the retroarch folder and everything will match up.

I think I might change the distribution zip to just have the bezel folder and instruct the user to place this inside your existing shaders_slang folder as a few people have had the problem you are having.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. So basically we’re saying to replace the existing shaders folder entirely with the shaders that folder contained in your zip?

An alternative suggestion for you, perhaps you could add a line to your instructions to clarify that point.

I appreciate how challenging it can be to explain these things to all people in one go.

I’ll make the change later today and report back to let you know it’s working.

3 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t really replace the shaders folder though, just adds to it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And we’re in business…all is working now! Thank you for the help.

The method for adding the shaders is actually really simple once you know how! I think it is slightly foreign to a newbie who’s unsure of how RA folders work / behave.

I look forward to getting my self lost in shader parameters and tinkering until I break something else ha

5 Likes

Hi @HyperspaceMadness

Could you please help with color alterations for the Dual-Screen-DS__MBZ__2__STANDARD__LCD-GRID

Basically I would like to have colors identical to Dual-Screen__MBZ__2__STANDARD__GUEST-DrVENOM but with LCD pixel/Grid feel How can such config be achieved?

Thank you in advance!

3 Likes