Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

One of them could also be a take on the Carbon Fibre with slow moving and morphing grey/white/black. It could be so slow as to not be noticeable to the user but noticeable to the OLED panel.

2 Likes

Mission Accomplished, sort of. :smile:

2 Likes

Let the Ambient Bezelight shine!

That’s the ultimate filler to take care of empty space while using integer scaling, and my ultimate retro wish :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey, I boot Super Mario 64 but I got a screen flickering, turned ON anti-flickering in shader parameters, but now I have some strange ghosting effect, is there a fix for this?

1 Like

What core, video driver and shader are you using?

2 Likes

This kind of flickering is probably not meant to be dealt with the anti-flicker (this is more for the flickering shadows in genesis games).

I have heated of some problems people have had recently in retroarch with flickering, possibly related to VSync

I would second @hgoda90’s request about core and driver. Also what version of retroarch are you using?

2 Likes

Thought I’d share my settings for vector games. Not perfect but I feel like they’re almost there. Wish I could make the lines even brighter without affecting any of the black though, that’s all I think it needs.

post_br = "1.300000"
pre_bb = "2.000000"
g_gamma_in = "2.800000"
g_gamma_out = "2.200000"
g_signal_type = "0.000000"
g_crtgamut = "-1.000000"
g_space_out = "-1.000000"
g_cntrst = "0.300000"
g_mid = "0.200000"
g_lift = "0.010000"
wp_temperature = "6504.000000"
glow = "0.200000"
SIZEH = "50.000000"
SIGMA_H = "15.000000"
SIZEV = "50.000000"
SIGMA_V = "15.000000"
bloom = "2.000000"
blendMode = "0.000000"
brightboost = "2.000000"
scanline1 = "4.000000"
scanline2 = "4.000000"
beam_min = "1.100000"
vertmask = "-0.500000"
scangammaoffset = "0.800000"
h_sharp = "3.000000"
shadowMask = "6.000000"
maskstr = "0.400000"
maskDark = "1.000000"
slotmask = "0.500000"
slotmask1 = "0.900000"
slotwidth = "3.000000"
double_slot = "2.000000"
4 Likes

Looks pretty nice! :star_struck:

Are you using FB Neo’s high res mode?

One thing I noticed with the vector games is I had to increase the global reflection among to see much reflection

3 Likes

Wow! This brings back so many memories! Looks awesome!

1 Like

I am have Alternate Render Method enabled and 1920x1440 in the MAME core options, called out in it’s own .opt file for each of several vector games I have so it takes effect automatically on load of those specific games

4 Likes

It really looks great, I didn’t realize you could do this, thanks for showing us :slight_smile:

One thing I’d like to achieve at some point is to get the extra bright points where the lines converge, or lots of lines are close together :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll give it a whirl.

I look forward to hue cycling/background lighting as well.

1 Like

Retroarch version? 1.10.3! Core? Nintendo - Nintendo 64 (ParaLLEI N64)! Core Version? 2.0-rc2! Video Driver? Vulkan! Shader? Default Reflection Shader settings, just tweaked to skip intro.

Flickering in action below:

1 Like

Load the game and go to Options. Set GFX Plugin to angrylion. Reset Retroarch and load the game again than everything should be fixed.

Edit: To be able to change the resolution use the Mupen64Plus-Next core instead. It works without any setting changes needed.

4 Likes

It worked! I would never imagine this issue was due driver plugin, I thought it was either Shader Settings or some GeForce Experience configuration. Thank you! Super Mario 64 Multiplayer with this Bezel is just AMAZING, I’m really happy =)

3 Likes

If there is a graphical issue in the game typically it is either the video driver or the Core’s video settings.

3 Likes

N64 RDP etc. plugin architechture is a thorn in our Mega Bezel side. No other core has these features.

You have no idea how much work it has created for @HyperspaceMadness. We almost had to resort to software rendering just to get the core to display anything at all.

It was very strong magic @HyperspaceMadness worked to get it to run.

Wizardry beyond belief. :astonished:

5 Likes

Hello, my friends. May I ask - is this wonderful shader pack still going to be added to the main Retroarch download package?

Forgive me if I missed a post on this! Wishing you all well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, it will probably be added sometime soon :slight_smile:

8 Likes

So more post brightness is making the blacks less black?

I think the brightened blacks are coming from the grade black level (g_lift). So if you increase the post brightness then reduce the black level you should be able to get a higher brightness without washing out the blacks too much.

Seems like having a smaller ui increment on the black level parameter would help increasing the post brightness and reducing the black level. For now you could just put in a smaller value for g_lift in the preset file even though the ui won’t let you, E. G. g_lift = 0.002

I should probably add a parameter which would control a correction on the black level related to the post brightness so you could adjust the post brightness without affecting the effective black level.

5 Likes