Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

I’m happy to see that you’re making great progress. I’d have to either go back to the Shader Parameters and experiment or refer to the Readme on GitHub in order to answer that question.

This might be one for one who has more intricate knowledge and experience of the bezel customization parameters for e.g. @HyperspaceMadness, @Duimon, @TheNamec or @soqueroeu.

What I can say is that the bezel is sub divided into different sections. There’s the Frame, the Reflective Bezel and the Viewport.

In each section there are parameters which control geometry, lighting and colour and visibility/opacity.

What you’ve circled there could probably be the inner edge of the Frame or the outer edge of the bezel. So you might have to look for a parameter that resembles that, then adjust the Opacity or Brightness.

1 Like

Yes, frame general is where I have been looking. Inner edge thickness does exactly what it says so I have been looking for something that said inner edge opacity/brightness etc?

1 Like

I am and I would like to turn down the brightness of the inner edge but cannot find the option.

That last comment was (I thought) in reply to HSM’s question, from 2020,about this exact option but it doesn’t seem to have linked?

consider using one core for vertical and another for horizontal. I use FBNeo for Horizontal and MAME for Vertical. This allows me to save a preset for each.

1 Like

ATM you can’t make it darker, but turning the thickness down to zero will make it disappear.

1 Like

Previously I had reduced the opacity of the whole frame to make it darker but I now realise that was the wrong way. I have now figured out that turning frame colour ON and then reducing the value/brightness is far more effective.

Inner Edge Highlight controls the brightness.

2 Likes

I think I might have used it but it’s been so long ago that I really can’t remember. Would have to do a global search throughout my preset pack to verify.

What I am thinking is that SwampThing just wants Inner Edge Highlight set to 0.

I cannot find “inner edge highlight” in the parameters.

But I just wanted to tone it down a little because the default was slightly too contrasty against the frame. What I have done now I am happy with. What you guys do creating the presets is amazing and all I wanted was to create a variant that will (hopefully) mitigate screen burn/image retention on my oled tv. Even the crt effects have transformed my gaming enjoyment, I hadn’t liked them originally but I had only been looking at the images in the various threads, in real use (especially with the bezels) they are remarkable.

2 Likes

I have an OLED TV from 2016 and the only time I’ve ever had an issue with gaming and temporary image retention was after playing some long and highly addictive sessions of Civilization V.

That’s a really extreme and isolated case.

Not everyone uses their TV the same. I tend to vary my content quite a bit so your mileage and experience may vary.

But to buy such a beautiful TV, then to butcher the effects seems like a bit of a waste in my opinion.

To each his own though.

This is not to be taken as any encouragement or advice to use your TV in a way that might damage it in any way.

Just sharing my personal experience using my particular and unique usage scenario as an example. Your mileage may vary.

My original oled (from around 14/15) I gave to someone when I purchased my CX. That old tv is now trashed because it was used by someone who listened to the radio stations all day and night and the logos are permanent. Even my CX has a ghost of the red YouTube logo in the top right (after about 12 months) but, fortunately, it is only noticeable on a red test screen. I make sure that the pixel refresh is run regularly but it still happened. I am interested to know what shader set you use on your TV though?

1 Like

I’ve used my CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack extensively, then my CyberLab CRT-Royale Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack for a little while and now I mainly use my CyberLab Megatron Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack.

I also look at TV almost everyday, lots of YouTube, Movies in between, varied content.

My taskbar is set to Auto-Hide, my desktop icons are hidden and I use a black desktop background.

This is also my main PC so it’s not only used for Home Theatre and gaming. Lots of YouTube as well.

It is about a foot or more off the wall though. I have a link with my settings. My Energy Saving is on Medium but my OLED light is 95 in SDR Game Mode, Brightness at 56, while in HDR Game Mode my OLED Light is at 100, Contrast 100, Brightness 50, Sharpness 10, Color 65, Tint 0, Color Temperature C30, Black Level Auto.

I think what you are looking for is

Radial Fade Width

1 Like

Yeah! hgoda90 said well.

@Sir_SwampThing, try change this parameters:

Alternatively, you can also lower or completely reduce the opacity of the frame.

Either can I. :frowning_face:

What version of the shader are those that see this parameter using? The most recent two releases don’t have it.

I am using 1.15.0 MBZ__3__STD__GDV.slangp

1 Like

I’m on 1.15 and had used this setting (Inner edge thickness and highlight under frame general) to reduce that inner line. I think I had actually asked about how to do it way back in this thread, but not sure. (1.15 has the setting).

1 Like

Somehow I ended up with 1.12. :rofl:

1.15 has the parameter. :grin:

@HyperspaceMadness it also fixes most of the issues I was having with HDR. Megatron doesn’t look the same as the standalone, but it looks better. I didn’t see anything about a Megatron update in your notes. . . so hopefully that is all that is needed.

For the rest of you. . . I treated myself to a 32" certified HDR1000 Mini-LED monitor for Black Friday.

5 Likes