Memory card save files

When im playing legend of dragoon on the android psx retroarch i can save on save states perfectly but when I try to save in the game. It says saving to memory card. Then it shows that it finished but when I go to load from that save the game says no memory exists. So pretty much it wont let me save in the actual game. What can i do? I need to be able to do this to fix a bug thats causing a black screen.

No one knows what to do?

@ebrodriquez Does saving work in other games and/or cores? Do you have a custom directory setup for saves and, if so, are you sure you have write access to it?

What about save stating instead if the problem persists?

Also - have you tried this game with BIOS files in th same directory as the game image?

I do have a BIOS in the same folder. I made sure it was the correct one also. If i load from the save state the black screen still occurs. Thats why i want to try and load from an in-game save. I have also set up a custom directory but it still does not work. I have not tried other games, i will try that so mabye its just the certain game that wont let me. If i dont have write access then how would i go by doing that?

@ebrodriquez For write access, you just need to pick some directory where you have permission to create and edit files. A likely location would be somewhere on your SD card.

Okay well then I should have write access because it is in my SD Card already. I tried saving in-game on chrono cross and im still having the same problem where it doesnt keep the data.

Are the save files .rtc? Because there is files in the folder i dedicated to saving. Mabye the app just isnt picking them up?

I’ve got a similar problem while playing Final Fantasy IX. (androïd) The state save works perfectly fine but I can’t do any save in game. On a first time, the save path was in the rom folder and it worked once but I couln’t overwrite the save. So, i changed the path, put it on a new folder on my SD card, it didn’t worked therefore i put it on a folder directly on my phone and it still didn’t work. I’m afraid it will be a problem when i’ll have to change to CD 2 and have to load my save… I don’t know what to do…

Please, excuse my bad english.

is this with or without using real BIOS files?

is this with or without using real BIOS files?[/quote]

What are the “real BIOS files” : the img of the game was made by a friend from its game and I didn’t touch any files from the emulator (I don’t know if it answers your question :/)

is this with or without using real BIOS files?[/quote]

What are the “real BIOS files” : the img of the game was made by a friend from its game and I didn’t touch any files from the emulator (I don’t know if it answers your question :/)[/quote]

Doesn’t answer my question indeed.

In the same folder as where your img is in - is there a scph1001.bin or any other file like that in there?

If not, you might want to put in the following files (and no, I can’t tell you where to find them due to legalese) -

scph1001.bin, scph5500.bin, scph5501.bin, scph5502.bin, scph7502.bin

This is in the Cores Manual PDF by the way - which I link to from the app.

What are the “real BIOS files” : the img of the game was made by a friend from its game and I didn’t touch any files from the emulator (I don’t know if it answers your question :/)[/quote]

Doesn’t answer my question indeed.

In the same folder as where your img is in - is there a scph1001.bin or any other file like that in there?

If not, you might want to put in the following files (and no, I can’t tell you where to find them due to legalese) -

scph1001.bin, scph5500.bin, scph5501.bin, scph5502.bin, scph7502.bin

This is in the Cores Manual PDF by the way - which I link to from the app.[/quote]

There is no such files indeed.

I’m gonna search them, don’t think it’ll be a problem…

Do I have to dl them all or just one?

I’m sorry for not reading the pdf, i admit i was a little lost.

Thank you for your patience.

Edit : I had to download a few more .bin files but it’s ok. Once again, thank you.

I am also having a similar issue as well. i’ve downloaded all of the bios bins listed in the Cores Manual and some others. i have placed them in the same folder as the PSX rom i am trying to run (Final Fantasy Tactics, in case there is some rom specific issues). this folder is a sub folder of the default rom path if that matters. every time i have tried to use an in game save, if crashed. also, the game freezes when it goes to check the memory cards. i am going to test with another rom, but is there anything else i need to know?

EDIT: looks to be a problem specifically with the Final Fantasy Tactics rom. memory cards tested with another game and worked perfectly.

Hi, I am also having a similar issue.
I’m running a Nexus 7 with CyanogenMod 10.

When running the game “Grandia 1 UNDUB” for PSX, I can’t seem to save games to memory card. It allows me to save but then it sticks on “Checking memory card” forever. I can cancel and continue playing the game, but the save never persists. (ie. memory card is empty when i try to load.)

I’ve tried this game both with BIOS files in the rom dir and without. (Is there a way to tell if the bios was loaded successfully?) The same game, on PC ePSXe, works fine with saving to memory card.

Oddly enough, a different game (Star Ocean 2nd Story UNDUB) has no problem saving. So it’s just a problem between Grandia and RetroArch for Android. (I havent tried any other games yet, so perhaps there may be more games with problems?)

Savestates will tide me over for a while but there’s a disc change so eventually save states won’t cut it anymore.

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions? Or is this a bug in RetroArch that will hopefully be fixed soon? Do you need any further information or testing or files?

Thanks!

Are you using an actual BIOS or the built-in HLE one?

Originally I was using the HLE one (and saves didnt work), I have since placed a range of BIOS files in the folder. (saves still dont work.)

Is there any way to tell if the game has found and loaded the BIOS files? I’m pretty sure they are correct and correctly named, but it doesnt hurt to check.

Hello people :slight_smile: I’m using Retroarch on Android on Stock Galaxy Note.(OS 4.1.2, not rooted but many programms disabled). I’m experiencing the same issues as stated above. No memory card(MC) is detected/created when emulating. The details I can add to my case are :

• Game says that there’s a MC in following games Gran Turismo 2 US&EU (GT2) and Need For Speed (NFS)4&5 Now what’s weird is that GT2 sometimes don’t see the memory card.Saying there’s none.
  • Each Game is in it’s own folder simply named GT2US, GT2EU, NFS4, NFS5.
  • Folders located in \sdcard\download\ROM\ [game name folder]. Each folder contains the corresponding .bin(###.mb) and .cue(###.kb) game files with a single scph7502 bios file.
  • In folders there are also one file of : xyx.rtc xyx.srm xyx.state.auto
  • When the memory card was working, there is only one (Actually for any game I played with RetroArch PSX).
  • My settings : Offline-mode(mobile networks), Auto Save%Load state ON, V-Sync and Dynamic Rate controller OFF, 57.21…Hz, Fullscreen, Input overlay enabled but on-screen fonts off, bilinear filter enabled and FBOx1 scale. I could add some screenshots and logs if needed. I don’understand why it worked and now not. Maybe because of the Roms, I tried many versions of the GT2’s bin’s file. I have a little second question related to this : How can we manage MC and merge .mcr .mcd and .gmr files to be used in RetroArch ? As I donwloades savegames that includes secret cars of GT2 and expected to merge the Acura’s on a GT2EU savegame. I have PSX MC manager.

.mcr files should be identical in format to the .srm file RetroArch makes. Just replace it. (And delete the .rtc file, otherwise it will overwrite your memory card data. This is a bug and will be fixed in 0.9.9)

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile: So basically what I have to do is rename the .mcr file to a .srm file ? And How can make RetroArch using 2 memory cards and sharing data between games. If for example I want to share cars buyed from GT2US to GT2EU what should I do ?