Merged romset

Hi, the actual fba-libretro core can manage merged romset (with clone merged to the parents)? If yes, how can I load a clone inside a merged romset?

I don’t think so. Someone else may know differently, though.

I don’t think so as it would need some sort of menu to choose what clone you wanted, no?

why not just use split or non-merged sets, or convert your set to same?

It’s for an user approach. The only Final Burn Alpha v0.2.97.38 Complete Collection available online use merged romset to reduce disk space (this solution save about 2-3 GB). But also because this solution reduce the number of entry into the playlist, from near 4500 to near 1500 games. This facilitates the search of the games, inside the Retroarch GUI, avoiding a huge list to scroll. A menu inside fba-libretro core to select the clones inside the parents .zip could be perfect!

[QUOTE=lollo78;40554]It’s for an user approach. The only Final Burn Alpha v0.2.97.38 Complete Collection available online use merged romset to reduce disk space (this solution save about 2-3 GB).[/quote]not the only set - the .38 set i got a few weeks ago is a split set. i thought it was the most popular one, even. merged sets are rare in my experience.

But also because this solution reduce the number of entry into the playlist, from near 4500 to near 1500 games. This facilitates the search of the games, inside the Retroarch GUI, avoiding a huge list to scroll. A menu inside fba-libretro core to select the clones inside the parents .zip could be perfect!

i think putting the menu inside the core would be wrong - the core doesn’t have a UI (and if they do, they’re usually ugly and to avoided if you’re using retroarch). plus this doesn’t only affect fba-libretro; it affects every fba core, and every mame core, and anything else that uses mame-type romsets.

if this was to be implemented, IMO it should be as a submenu when you select each game in a playlist. i think it would be neat but i imagine not trivial to implement :frowning:

For now, the only FBA .38 complete romset is merged. If you use it, you can download my .dat/.rdb to scan the game and create the playlist in Retroarch GUI. https://mega.nz/#!tMAhkDga!PuIPnN1dRlOCeTrrNWy2X4iHFyp4cOg1oxDLuoc4JWI

Really old topic I know but I thought I’d put in my 2 cents with my experimentation… merged romsets only load the parent… no option to run the clone… this might be fixed with a option in the core settings to run a certain clone or something… tried split with tmnt2 2 player oceania and it scanned as a finalburn alpha rom… except fbneo and all the fbalphas give me a “failed to load content” message and mame core crashes retroarch totally.