Mgba core and audio buffer size

Hi,

I have all my cores working with a small latency of 34ms only, with a max_swapchain=2, on a Pi3b+. That includes GenesisPlus GX, Nestopia, FBA…

However, mgba starts crackling as soon as I get down from ~60ms, no matter what.

So, does this core have an internal buffer or something similar that could prevent small audio buffers from working? CPU usage is low, ~30%. The other cores have around the same CPU usage and they have no problems with this small audio delay value…

I think there are some issues with audio crackles that are upstream-related. Not sure on the details, though. I just remember there being some issues/discussions on github about it.

The sound issues I noticed were fixed awhile ago: https://github.com/libretro/mgba/issues/103

1 Like

It’s related to buffer size only: over 64ms I get no crackling at all, and CPU usage is very low. Even on X86_64, using the same drivers (KMSDRM+ALSA), it has the same problem. This core has something with internal buffer size. Any idea on where does it define such a thing, if it does at all?