Mini vMac port

hello ,

I’ve started a port of Mini Vmac emulator *. ( Mac II emulation )

At this time , works the basis but buggy on linux x86 / android. It’s a quick/minimal hack.

You can found it here : https://github.com/r-type/libretro-minivmac

Remember ,Everything not working well, It’s a debug release , so expect to more bug.

Default Control :

L2 Show/Hide statut R2
L Show/Hide vkbd . R Change Mouse speed 1 to 6 . (for gui and emu) SEL Toggle Mouse/Joy mode . STR Toggle Num Joy . A Mouse btn A / Valid key in vkbd B Mouse btn B / Cancel in File Browser X Switch Shift ON/OFF Y MiniVmac Disk File browser

• based on Mini vMac src 3.3.2 generated by : -t lx86 -m II -depth 3 -sound 1

Linux users , rom MacIIx.ROM should be in the linux/ floder , for 64bits , you have to change the typedef for si6r,si6b,ui6r,ui6r.

Android users be sure to read the read-me in jni/ folder .

Know Bugs/limitations :

not everything is implemented , only minimal osglue (missing import/export/dragdrop…) wrong/bad Sound ,minimal vkbd , maybe slow on android …

For now , I’m quite busy and not have much time to work on this port or hatari port , so don’t expect too much !

That’s awesome, man! I grew up with those old Macs, and just seeing the Desktop really takes me back.

Yeah, I had a Mac 68K - I foolishly gave it away to some teacher to make for space though.

Cool port 7rtype - BTW - we should look at transferring the hatari libretro port over to the libretro organization.

Is the the Mac II model emulation that advanced now? I thought it was still very much in need of more development compared to other, monochrome-only models.

@hunterk yes same for me! except i have owned my first one many years after (as it was very expensive in 1990)

@Squarepusher , yes for hatari I agree with this . then maybe some will help to enhance the port.

@Troy McClure yes it’s the model II , but emulation is still experimental in 3.3.2 ( based on Mini vMac src 3.3.2 generated by : -t lx86 -m II -depth 3 -sound 1 )

Any news on this? Mini vMac seems quite mature now! I’d love to see a new core!

Hello r-type, are you still working on this core ? I think there has been an update but I don’t know what’s new. If you are still on it I will have a few questions, the first being about the resolution of the OS and how to change it in order to have the old games in full screen. Thanks in advance for your answers !